Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
“Children deserve to be safe, with enough to eat, in a warm bed; without abuse, neglect or fear. They deserve a loving family who holds them in their heart.” That's what the Utah Foster Care website states. So true.
And I was deeply touched when I visited the household of Kim and Rob Gerlach — a couple who took in four foster children, met their needs and then adopted them all. It’s only fitting the Gerlachs are featured on the local foster care website and on our show this Sunday. On "Mormon Times TV," you’ll see how they feel about the challenges and blessings of foster care — and how love and a leap of faith were key in making it all work.
Also on May 19, another amazing family talks about their great loss and willingness to forgive. You’ll see how Nathan and Brenda Toone are working through their difficult trial — losing two young daughters just days apart.
Quite an engineering feat for the new Provo City Center Utah Temple, ravaged by fire over a year ago. You’ll see why the exterior shell makes the building look like it’s floating.
Plus grandparenting expert Lauralee Christensen shows us the variety of ways that senior couple missionaries can stay in touch with their families while they’re away.
Marie Osmond has a new book out — focusing on the ideals she learned from her mother. You’ll find out what those key values are and how they helped the entertainer survive the ups and downs of life.
And you’ll see the latest way that BYUtv is trying to get entire families to sit down and watch television together.
The “Mormon Times TV" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL TV/Channel 5 following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. You can check us out on YouTube at youtube.com/mormontimes, where it’s easier than ever to view and share inspiring stories from the show. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for uplifting, inspirational stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Michelle King is the host of "Mormon Times TV," which airs Sundays at 10 a.m. on KSL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he has 'no...
- 1st edition Book of Mormon sells for $52,500...
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- Church releases video in conjunction with...
- Picturing history: Historic Kirtland
- Mormon youth leader dies on trek outing... 72
- Defending the Faith: The challenge... 29
- Survey: White evangelicals say US no... 21
- Trump to top evangelicals:... 19
- 7 conservative Christians who are not... 11
- Responding to Trump, Clinton says he... 10
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 9
- Family of scholars: Utah family... 9