Utes football: No changes imminent for Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY — Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion has been a topic of discussion for quite some time. As of now, however, nothing is imminent.
Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill noted there are other projects that need to get done at this time.
Even so, Hill acknowledged that, “Yes, there are things on the books about the stadium.”
Initial drawings with major changes to the south end of the stadium have already been created. When things do happen, Hill wants to make sure that enough of Utah’s Olympic heritage is preserved.
“For me the big thing is the cauldron,” Hill said. “That to me says the Olympics.”
Hill is hopeful that the cauldron will remain visible from the street and from within the stadium. He’d also like to see the Olympic signage behind the stadium scoreboard remain in place.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22