Utes football: No changes imminent for Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY — Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion has been a topic of discussion for quite some time. As of now, however, nothing is imminent.
Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill noted there are other projects that need to get done at this time.
Even so, Hill acknowledged that, “Yes, there are things on the books about the stadium.”
Initial drawings with major changes to the south end of the stadium have already been created. When things do happen, Hill wants to make sure that enough of Utah’s Olympic heritage is preserved.
“For me the big thing is the cauldron,” Hill said. “That to me says the Olympics.”
Hill is hopeful that the cauldron will remain visible from the street and from within the stadium. He’d also like to see the Olympic signage behind the stadium scoreboard remain in place.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18