Utes football: No changes imminent for Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY — Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion has been a topic of discussion for quite some time. As of now, however, nothing is imminent.
Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill noted there are other projects that need to get done at this time.
Even so, Hill acknowledged that, “Yes, there are things on the books about the stadium.”
Initial drawings with major changes to the south end of the stadium have already been created. When things do happen, Hill wants to make sure that enough of Utah’s Olympic heritage is preserved.
“For me the big thing is the cauldron,” Hill said. “That to me says the Olympics.”
Hill is hopeful that the cauldron will remain visible from the street and from within the stadium. He’d also like to see the Olympic signage behind the stadium scoreboard remain in place.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 46
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 36
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30