Utes football: No changes imminent for Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY — Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion has been a topic of discussion for quite some time. As of now, however, nothing is imminent.
Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill noted there are other projects that need to get done at this time.
Even so, Hill acknowledged that, “Yes, there are things on the books about the stadium.”
Initial drawings with major changes to the south end of the stadium have already been created. When things do happen, Hill wants to make sure that enough of Utah’s Olympic heritage is preserved.
“For me the big thing is the cauldron,” Hill said. “That to me says the Olympics.”
Hill is hopeful that the cauldron will remain visible from the street and from within the stadium. He’d also like to see the Olympic signage behind the stadium scoreboard remain in place.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24