Utes football: No changes imminent for Rice-Eccles Stadium
SALT LAKE CITY — Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion has been a topic of discussion for quite some time. As of now, however, nothing is imminent.
Utah Athletics Director Chris Hill noted there are other projects that need to get done at this time.
Even so, Hill acknowledged that, “Yes, there are things on the books about the stadium.”
Initial drawings with major changes to the south end of the stadium have already been created. When things do happen, Hill wants to make sure that enough of Utah’s Olympic heritage is preserved.
“For me the big thing is the cauldron,” Hill said. “That to me says the Olympics.”
Hill is hopeful that the cauldron will remain visible from the street and from within the stadium. He’d also like to see the Olympic signage behind the stadium scoreboard remain in place.
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig Bills...
- 5 things you should know about BYU...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Former BYU star Russell Larson enjoys...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 127
- Dick Harmon: Every player on BYU's... 71
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 63
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- BYU gets bowl-eligible with 42-23 win... 25
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24