Former Cougar tight end Dennis Pitta has signed a $2.023 million second-round restricted free agent tender with the Baltimore Ravens, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Pitta can become an unrestricted free agent in 2014, although the Ravens have expressed interest in finalizing a long-term deal before then.
Pitta reportedly received interest from the Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers.
Pitta is coming off a year setting career highs for receptions (61), yards (669) and touchdowns (7). Pitta had four receptions for 26 yards and a touchdown in Baltimore's Super Bowl win over San Francisco.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37