Mike Terry, Deseret News
Details of the three-game BYU-Arizona football series have been released after a copy of the term sheet was posted online.
The schools agreed to a three-game series last month. BYU and Arizona will play in in 2016, 2018 and 2020.
The first game will be played on Sept. 3, 2016, at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., a designated neutral site. The neutral game will be officiated by Big 12 officials and media rights will be controlled by the Pac-12.
If the game sells out, BYU will make approximately $884,000 in revenue while the University of Arizona will receive approximately $1.28 million, according to the term sheet. The Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority will receive approximately $1 million. If either team cancels the neutral game, the canceling school will give $750,000 to the other school and $250,000 to the Tourism Authority.
Arizona will be given 1,200 complimentary tickets and will be allotted all tickets behind the west side of the stadium to sell to fans. BYU will be given 600 complimentary tickets and will be allotted all tickets on the east half of the stadium. Any allotted tickets given up by BYU or Arizona will be offered to Arizona Cardinals season ticket holders.
The second game will be played on Sept. 1, 2018, on the University of Arizona campus in Tucson and the final game will be played on Sept. 12, 2020, at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo. Terms of those games have not been released.
BYU and Arizona last met in 2008 at the Las Vegas Bowl, which Arizona won 31-21. Arizona leads the all time series against BYU 12-9-1, but the last four meetings have been split evenly between the teams.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30