BYU men's basketball: Cougars shore up guard line through recruiting
“I absolutely loved BYU and my time there,” said Bartley, who held offers from Auburn, Utah and Fordham, among others. “It’s definitely the perfect place for me with how they emphasize good academics and clean living. That’s where I want to go, so I signed with them right before I left as a Mother’s Day present to my mother who was there with me.”
While on his trip, Bartley enjoyed the company of coaches and players, but a unique encounter with President Cecil Samuelson may have been the highlight of the trip.
“Man, meeting the president of the university was something that was very special to me,” Bartley said. “He had a lot going on that day, but really took time out to talk to me and get to know me. He already knew a ton about me, so that was real impressive, but he’s just like everyone else at BYU — it’s just a very friendly place.”
Fischer held offers from Ohio, Wafford, Ball State and Valparaiso, among others after deciding to transfer, but felt BYU was his best option.
“I really fit in well with the players and I absolutely love the coaches,” Fischer said. “I really got to know Tyler Haws, Matt Carlino and some others and was able to work out with Haws and he’s obviously an amazing player. I already felt like part of the team while I was there, so it made my decision easy. I love BYU‘s standards and feel that will benefit me greatly throughout my final three years there.”
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Utah football fans set to camp out for ESPN's...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 20
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 18