BYU men's basketball: Cougars shore up guard line through recruiting
“I absolutely loved BYU and my time there,” said Bartley, who held offers from Auburn, Utah and Fordham, among others. “It’s definitely the perfect place for me with how they emphasize good academics and clean living. That’s where I want to go, so I signed with them right before I left as a Mother’s Day present to my mother who was there with me.”
While on his trip, Bartley enjoyed the company of coaches and players, but a unique encounter with President Cecil Samuelson may have been the highlight of the trip.
“Man, meeting the president of the university was something that was very special to me,” Bartley said. “He had a lot going on that day, but really took time out to talk to me and get to know me. He already knew a ton about me, so that was real impressive, but he’s just like everyone else at BYU — it’s just a very friendly place.”
Fischer held offers from Ohio, Wafford, Ball State and Valparaiso, among others after deciding to transfer, but felt BYU was his best option.
“I really fit in well with the players and I absolutely love the coaches,” Fischer said. “I really got to know Tyler Haws, Matt Carlino and some others and was able to work out with Haws and he’s obviously an amazing player. I already felt like part of the team while I was there, so it made my decision easy. I love BYU‘s standards and feel that will benefit me greatly throughout my final three years there.”
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 91
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 75
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 31