Elder Jeffrey Rogil Guerra Alfaro, 22, from Lidingo, Sweden, a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Utah Provo Mission, died after suffering an aneurysm while exercising.
LDS Church spokeswoman Ruth Todd said Elder Guerra "was jogging with his companion Thursday morning when he collapsed after suffering a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.
"He was treated at the scene and then transferred to the hospital where he was placed on life support," Todd continued. "He later passed away with family members present."
On behalf of the LDS Church, Todd said, "our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Guerra’s family during this difficult time.”
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14