Elder Jeffrey Rogil Guerra Alfaro, 22, from Lidingo, Sweden, a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Utah Provo Mission, died after suffering an aneurysm while exercising.
LDS Church spokeswoman Ruth Todd said Elder Guerra "was jogging with his companion Thursday morning when he collapsed after suffering a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.
"He was treated at the scene and then transferred to the hospital where he was placed on life support," Todd continued. "He later passed away with family members present."
On behalf of the LDS Church, Todd said, "our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Guerra’s family during this difficult time.”
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 64
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9