Elder Jeffrey Rogil Guerra Alfaro, 22, from Lidingo, Sweden, a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Utah Provo Mission, died after suffering an aneurysm while exercising.
LDS Church spokeswoman Ruth Todd said Elder Guerra "was jogging with his companion Thursday morning when he collapsed after suffering a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.
"He was treated at the scene and then transferred to the hospital where he was placed on life support," Todd continued. "He later passed away with family members present."
On behalf of the LDS Church, Todd said, "our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Guerra’s family during this difficult time.”
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46