Elder Jeffrey Rogil Guerra Alfaro, 22, from Lidingo, Sweden, a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Utah Provo Mission, died after suffering an aneurysm while exercising.
LDS Church spokeswoman Ruth Todd said Elder Guerra "was jogging with his companion Thursday morning when he collapsed after suffering a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.
"He was treated at the scene and then transferred to the hospital where he was placed on life support," Todd continued. "He later passed away with family members present."
On behalf of the LDS Church, Todd said, "our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Guerra’s family during this difficult time.”
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3