What's new: Elder Scott teaches '21 Principles' in new book
"21 PRINCIPLES: Divine Truths to Help You Live By the Spirit," by Richard G. Scott, Deseret Book, $16.99, 105 pages (nf)
Like the steel anchors a mountaineer uses to conquer otherwise impossible cliffs, principles are anchors of safety. They will help a person have confidence in new and unfamiliar circumstances. They will provide protection in life's storms or adversity.
Those are among the words written by Elder Richard G. Scott, a member of Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in his new book, "21 Principles: Divine Truths to Help You Live by the Spirit."
"As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles," Elder Scott wrote in the introduction. "Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for application to a wide variety of circumstances."
In the book, Elder Scott shares 21 principles, based on his life experiences, that will help readers understand more fully how to be guided by the Spirit.
"As you absolutely follow correct principles, you will forge strength of character available to you in times of need. Your consistent adherence to principle overcomes the alluring yet false lifestyles that surround you," Elder Scott wrote in the introduction. "Your faithful compliance to correct principles may generate criticism and ridicule from others, yet the results are so eternally worthwhile that they warrant your every sacrifice."
In the 105-page book, Elder Scott provides a list of the 21 principles, then gives an explanation of each principle in a brief chapter.
"It is worth great effort to organize the truth we gather to simple statements of truth," Elder Scott wrote. " I have tried to do that with gaining spiritual knowledge. The result is now shared in hope that it will be a beginning place for your study."
Elder Scott concludes the book by sharing his testimony.
"I bear witness that Jesus Christ knows you personally," Elder Scott wrote. "He will provide answers to every difficult problem in your life as you trust Him and do all you can to understand and apply His doctrine and strive to live by the Spirit."
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 298
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 77
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 21
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 10