Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on 'Survivor: Caramoan'
It was Brenda Lowe who came and helped the emotional Meehan find her teeth.
Meehan said she had lost those bottom teeth when she was mugged while on a business trip several years ago. Losing her retainer of teeth had brought back some of the memories of the mugging, Meehan added.
After finishing the 39 days in the game, she did explain the situation to the show’s medical and psychological staff. She also had time to reconcile with Lowe about helping to vote her out.
“I feel horrible that I hurt Brenda,” Meehan said. “We made apologies” at Ponderosa before leaving the Philippines.
Meehan had emailed Lowe several times in between when the taping wrapped up and Sunday’s reunion show, but hadn’t heard back from her until Meehan’s public apology Sunday night.
“No matter what, that was genuine,” Meehan said.
Meehan said that she was “super close” with Corrine and has “nothing but respect and love for her.” She spent the weekend with the other castaways prior to Sunday’s Reunion Show and she’s on good terms with all of them.
Her six children were also in California for the Reunion Show.
“They loved being in the front row,” Meehan said, even though some of it was a bit uncomfortable, like watching the clips of their mother crying.
It was after last Wednesday’s episode when Lowe was blindsided that Meehan shut down her Twitter account, in part because some of the messages were threatening and some were targeting her children.
But she’s also felt support from many, including her family, friends, religious community and other Utahns who have played “Survivor.”
“They know that I was Mormon,” Meehan said of her fellow castaways, but some didn’t know too much about it. “There were a lot of hilarious questions.”
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Chris Williams shares about the power of...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 50
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 39
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 37
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 25
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Leaders close conference by urging... 13
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon... 12