This article originally appeared in Alan’s weekly Forbes column.
I am often asked these questions by aspiring entrepreneurs who want to start a business: What do I need to do to be successful? Where can I receive help? What resources are there? Who can guide me?
Time after time, I hear similar thoughts from hundreds of individuals with the desire to launch a business. Just this morning, I received a call from a fellow who needs help. I am by no means the only mentor in town who might be willing to answer business questions. There are literally scores of successful business owners who could teach the right principles. But before you begin the daunting task of launching your own business, take the time to determine if you have the natural ability, interest and drive to become a winning entrepreneur.
Alan E. Hall is a co-founding managing director of Mercato Partners, a regionally focused growth capital investment firm. He founded Grow Utah Ventures, is the founder of MarketStar Corp. and is chairman of the Utah Technology Council.
- This year's 20 most popular financial insights
- New regulation could put many nail salons out...
- TSA expanding PreCheck program designed to...
- MSHA report on Utah fatality: Operator knew...
- Exelis to make materials for new Boeing jet
- If I got to pick the gifts in ‘The 12...
- Federal workers' pensions targeted in budget...
- Holiday perks and bonuses for about half of...
- Minimum wage debate rages on 22
- Holiday travelers will find gas prices... 4
- Has the Fed been fueling bubbles? You... 2
- Federal workers' pensions targeted in... 1
- When are the best and worst times to... 1
- Chinese hosiery company to expand in... 1
- Job seekers can find success during... 1
- TSA expanding PreCheck program designed... 1