TOBY MELVILLE, AP
Wasatch Running Center hosted a race last Saturday at Daybreak. The event was supported by Swirly Girls Gourmet Bakery.
“The run is open to anyone and everyone, whether training/tapering for an upcoming race, recovering from a recent one, or even for those who just enjoy a run and some delicious goodies,” the news release said.
It also said “you are free to run as much or as little as you like.”
Sounds like a winner to Rock On.
Come for the (brief) exercise, stay for the sprinkle donuts.
Prince Harry is currently visiting the Colonies, hoping to raise awareness of U.S. and British combat troops, and to see how the average American lives.
Included on his schedule is a visit to a polo match in Connecticut on Wednesday.
After that, Rock On sources say he plans to view other regular American activities such as lawn bowling, soap carving and reciting scream poetry.
A new sport is out called FootGolf, combining soccer and golf.
It marries a sport in which the announcers whisper, to one where the announcers scream gooooooal!.
Rock On suggests combining pro wrestling and speed skating and calling it hockey.
FLUSH WITH VICTORY
According to Seattle Times columnist Dwight Perry, Canadian stuntwoman Jolene Van Vugt broke a land speed record by riding a motorized toilet 46 mph.
But that’s not all. She also solved the eternal fan dilemma of how to visit the bathroom without missing any of the action.
Dutch company Mars One says more than 78,000 people have applied for a one-way trip to the Red Planet, to help start a colony.
An expected 500,000 people will apply before the Aug. 31 deadline.
Organizers say no one who makes the trip to Mars can return to Earth.
Which raises the obvious question: Who gave Canseco a lift?
The Sports Curmudgeon on the Kansas City Chiefs signing reserve QB Chase Daniel to a $10 million contract, $3 million of it guaranteed: “And the NFL says that it is opposed to gambling?”
Omaha World-Herald columnist Brad Dickson on Nebraska selling out for next basketball season at new Pinnacle Bank Arena: “At an average game, 3 percent of those fans will be there for the basketball with the remaining 97 percent for that ‘new building smell.’”
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 135
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 95
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 73
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 65
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 61
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29