Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
An LDS Church missionary serving in the Texas San Antonio mission is recovering from injuries today after being struck from behind by a vehicle as he was walking with his bicycle.
“Elder Michael Garver, 19, from Tooele, Utah who has been serving in the Texas San Antonio Mission was struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking their bikes on the side of a road on 2 May 2013," Ruth Todd, spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said.
"He was taken to a nearby medical center for emergency care. Elder Garver is recovering very well and our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Elder Garver’s companion was uninjured.”
Check back for more details as they become available
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16