Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
An LDS Church missionary serving in the Texas San Antonio mission is recovering from injuries today after being struck from behind by a vehicle as he was walking with his bicycle.
“Elder Michael Garver, 19, from Tooele, Utah who has been serving in the Texas San Antonio Mission was struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking their bikes on the side of a road on 2 May 2013," Ruth Todd, spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said.
"He was taken to a nearby medical center for emergency care. Elder Garver is recovering very well and our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Elder Garver’s companion was uninjured.”
Check back for more details as they become available
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 78
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 23
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 23