Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
An LDS Church missionary serving in the Texas San Antonio mission is recovering from injuries today after being struck from behind by a vehicle as he was walking with his bicycle.
“Elder Michael Garver, 19, from Tooele, Utah who has been serving in the Texas San Antonio Mission was struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking their bikes on the side of a road on 2 May 2013," Ruth Todd, spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said.
"He was taken to a nearby medical center for emergency care. Elder Garver is recovering very well and our thoughts and prayers are with his family. Elder Garver’s companion was uninjured.”
Check back for more details as they become available
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5