PROVO — A special conference on awareness of abuse of the elderly will be held next month.
The Provo Police Department is partnering with the Utah Area Agencies on Aging and other organizations to host the first Elder Abuse Conference on Thursday, June 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Utah County Convention Center, 220 W. Center.
The theme of the conference is “Silent Victims, Silent Crimes” and the event will offer workshops and training sessions on signs of elder abuse, effective interventions, and strategies to prevent older adults from becoming victims.
The conference is aimed at advocates, law enforcement, legal/financial professions, health and social work professionals, as well as caregivers, seniors and interested people in the community.
To register, visit www.regonline.com/2013elderabuseconf. For assistance or more information, contact Vicky Proctor at 801-852-6375.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15