PROVO — A special conference on awareness of abuse of the elderly will be held next month.
The Provo Police Department is partnering with the Utah Area Agencies on Aging and other organizations to host the first Elder Abuse Conference on Thursday, June 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Utah County Convention Center, 220 W. Center.
The theme of the conference is “Silent Victims, Silent Crimes” and the event will offer workshops and training sessions on signs of elder abuse, effective interventions, and strategies to prevent older adults from becoming victims.
The conference is aimed at advocates, law enforcement, legal/financial professions, health and social work professionals, as well as caregivers, seniors and interested people in the community.
To register, visit www.regonline.com/2013elderabuseconf. For assistance or more information, contact Vicky Proctor at 801-852-6375.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9