PROVO — A special conference on awareness of abuse of the elderly will be held next month.
The Provo Police Department is partnering with the Utah Area Agencies on Aging and other organizations to host the first Elder Abuse Conference on Thursday, June 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Utah County Convention Center, 220 W. Center.
The theme of the conference is “Silent Victims, Silent Crimes” and the event will offer workshops and training sessions on signs of elder abuse, effective interventions, and strategies to prevent older adults from becoming victims.
The conference is aimed at advocates, law enforcement, legal/financial professions, health and social work professionals, as well as caregivers, seniors and interested people in the community.
To register, visit www.regonline.com/2013elderabuseconf. For assistance or more information, contact Vicky Proctor at 801-852-6375.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Holladay man killed, son injured in shooting...
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 29
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11