PROVO — A special conference on awareness of abuse of the elderly will be held next month.
The Provo Police Department is partnering with the Utah Area Agencies on Aging and other organizations to host the first Elder Abuse Conference on Thursday, June 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Utah County Convention Center, 220 W. Center.
The theme of the conference is “Silent Victims, Silent Crimes” and the event will offer workshops and training sessions on signs of elder abuse, effective interventions, and strategies to prevent older adults from becoming victims.
The conference is aimed at advocates, law enforcement, legal/financial professions, health and social work professionals, as well as caregivers, seniors and interested people in the community.
To register, visit www.regonline.com/2013elderabuseconf. For assistance or more information, contact Vicky Proctor at 801-852-6375.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16