BYU softball: Cougars selected to play No. 3 Oregon in the Eugene Regional
PROVO, Utah — No. 3 Oregon hosts BYU's softball team in the Cougars' ninth-straight postseason appearance and second-straight year at the Eugene Regional.
BYU (33-23) played in the Eugene Regional last year after winning the Western Athletic Conference tournament. It defeated Mississippi State and Portland State in the Regional but was ultimately eliminated after losing twice to Oregon (46-9). The Cougars are 3-6 overall against the Ducks but have yet to beat them at their home field.
As the regular season champions of the Pacific Coast Softball Conference, the BYU softball team earned an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament and will play on Thursday, May 16, at a time to be announced. The tournament will go Thursday through Saturday.
Other teams in the Regional include North Carolina, which will play Wisconsin on the other side of the bracket.
The tournament will be double-elimination with the winner advancing to the NCAA Super Regional to play a best of three series. Each winner of a Super Regional will advance to play in the 2013 Women’s College World Series.
Check BYU's athletic website for updated information regarding game times and ticket information.
Jamie Morris is the softball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Photo gallery: BYU spring football scrimmage...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU track: Tingey, Harriott, Adams and Walker...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19
- Report: BYU assistant coach Mark Pope... 10
- NCAA 'service work' has been... 7
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony... 7
- BYU’s Atuaia ‘hopeful,... 5
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 5