BYU track: Carlisle leads distance runners with fourth-place finish in 1,500 meters
PRINCETON, N.J. — Candace Eddy Carlisle led the BYU distance runners Saturday with a fourth-place finish and a personal-best performance in the 1,500 meters during the ECAC/IC4A Championships. Carlisle finished with a time of 4 minutes 22.35 seconds.
Rachel Stewart and Ashleigh Warner also completed in the 1,500 finishing fifth and ninth with times of 4:22.88 and 4:28.64, respectively. The time was also a personal best for Stewart. All three runners advanced to the finals, but because of BYU’s no Sunday play policy, the athletes will not compete.
Meanwhile at the Georgia Tech Invitational, Kelsey Brown finished first in the 800 meters with a new personal-best time of 2:03.95, winning the race by nearly three seconds. Her time ranks her fifth in the West Region and seventh in the nation.
Also competing in Georgia, Allysa Hansen finished sixth overall in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:00.21.
With the conclusion of the conference championships, the women’s track and field team will compete next at the NCAA West Regionals on May 23-25 in Austin, Texas. Final results for regional qualifiers will not be posted until Monday.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Hancock leads Penn State into final vs. BYU
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- After last year's bowl loss, BYU seniors...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU... 15