Sharon Solorzano, an 18-year cancer survivor, gets a kiss from her son Max Scheller, after getting "pinked" with chalk during the Komen Utah Race for the Cure in Salt Lake City on Saturday, May 11, 2013. The race included 1-mile and 5K run/walk courses. Of the net funds raised by the race, 75 percent remain in the local community to support local grants for breast cancer screening, treatment and awareness programs. The remaining 25 percent helps fund groundbreaking breast cancer research, including several major grants underway at the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
Photo gallery: Pausing for a pink kiss during the Komen Utah Race for the Cure
View 10 Items
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News