Body found in California in 2003 identified as Salt Lake City woman
SALT LAKE CITY — Advancements in DNA technology have led to the identification of a woman found dead in California 10 years ago as a missing person from Salt Lake City.
The body of Charlotte Mower, 36 at the time she was reported missing, was found in Needles, Calif., in 2003. Mower was last seen in Salt Lake City in 2001 in the area of 3500 South and 500 East, police said.
Mower's sister reported her missing in October 2003, explaining she hadn't talked to Mower since 2001 and that her sister was bipolar, according to police.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office currently lists Mower's death as an open cold case, police said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12