SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Judith S.H. Atherton, effective Aug. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Timothy A. Bodily, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; Gregory N. Hoole, partner, Hoole & King; Richard D. McKelvie, assistant U.S. attorney; Paul B. Parker, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; and Michael E Postma, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is noon on May 20. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16