SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Judith S.H. Atherton, effective Aug. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Timothy A. Bodily, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; Gregory N. Hoole, partner, Hoole & King; Richard D. McKelvie, assistant U.S. attorney; Paul B. Parker, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; and Michael E Postma, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is noon on May 20. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 20
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14