SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Judith S.H. Atherton, effective Aug. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Timothy A. Bodily, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; Gregory N. Hoole, partner, Hoole & King; Richard D. McKelvie, assistant U.S. attorney; Paul B. Parker, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; and Michael E Postma, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is noon on May 20. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9