SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Judith S.H. Atherton, effective Aug. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Timothy A. Bodily, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; Gregory N. Hoole, partner, Hoole & King; Richard D. McKelvie, assistant U.S. attorney; Paul B. Parker, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney; and Michael E Postma, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is noon on May 20. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14