Utah Jazz to host first pre-draft workout with four guards, two bigs
Eric Gay, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — The NBA draft isn't for another seven weeks, but the Utah Jazz are in full prep mode for that June 27 event.
Utah has two first-round picks, including a lottery selection (likely No. 14) and the No. 21 choice via Golden State to cap off the Deron Williams deal with the Nets. The Jazz also have the No. 46 spot in the second round.
The team will hold its first pre-draft workout Saturday with six players, including four guards and two big men.
The invitees include: 6-6 guard/forward James Ennis, Long Beach State; 6-1 guard Myck Kabongo, Texas; 6-9 forward Jamelle Hagins, Delaware; 7-foot center Colton Iverson, Colorado State; 6-5 guard Michael Snaer, Florida State; and 6-4 guard Nate Wolters, South Dakota State.
Neither the public nor media are allowed to watch the pre-draft workouts. Media will have an opportunity to interview players after the first tryout session, but the Jazz announced that none of their staff members will be available for comment.
The Jazz currently only have five players with guaranteed contracts for next year, including Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks and Jeremy Evans. That means Utah has at least eight roster spots it must fill by next season.
Ennis is the highest-rated of the group, according to NBADraft.net. The prospect-oriented website has projected the swingman to go 30th to Phoenix.
Others from this group in the mock draft include Kabongo (35th, Sixers) and Wolters (39th, Blazers).
DraftExpress.com actually has the Jazz picking up Snaer, a shooting guard, with their second-round pick. Others from this group in their mock draft: Wolters (38th, Pistons), Kabongo (39th, Blazers) and Ennis (51st, Magic).
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20