SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green announced a series of weekend electronic waste recycling events that will be held each month running from May through August. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A wide variety of electronics from city and county residents will be accepted at the events, however, business waste will not be accepted. E-waste taken at the community collection events include computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras.
“Historically, Saturday events have been very popular and we are expecting to collect 10,000 pounds of e-waste at each event," said Debbie Lyons, Salt Lake City resource recovery manager.
Dates and locations of e-waste recycling include May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 South 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s, 1174 W. 600 North — all in Salt Lake City.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. For more information on e-waste recycling, visit www.SLCgreen.com.
— Jasen Lee
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15