SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green announced a series of weekend electronic waste recycling events that will be held each month running from May through August. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A wide variety of electronics from city and county residents will be accepted at the events, however, business waste will not be accepted. E-waste taken at the community collection events include computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras.
“Historically, Saturday events have been very popular and we are expecting to collect 10,000 pounds of e-waste at each event," said Debbie Lyons, Salt Lake City resource recovery manager.
Dates and locations of e-waste recycling include May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 South 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s, 1174 W. 600 North — all in Salt Lake City.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. For more information on e-waste recycling, visit www.SLCgreen.com.
— Jasen Lee
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11