SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green announced a series of weekend electronic waste recycling events that will be held each month running from May through August. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A wide variety of electronics from city and county residents will be accepted at the events, however, business waste will not be accepted. E-waste taken at the community collection events include computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras.
“Historically, Saturday events have been very popular and we are expecting to collect 10,000 pounds of e-waste at each event," said Debbie Lyons, Salt Lake City resource recovery manager.
Dates and locations of e-waste recycling include May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 South 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s, 1174 W. 600 North — all in Salt Lake City.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. For more information on e-waste recycling, visit www.SLCgreen.com.
— Jasen Lee
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14