SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green announced a series of weekend electronic waste recycling events that will be held each month running from May through August. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A wide variety of electronics from city and county residents will be accepted at the events, however, business waste will not be accepted. E-waste taken at the community collection events include computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras.
“Historically, Saturday events have been very popular and we are expecting to collect 10,000 pounds of e-waste at each event," said Debbie Lyons, Salt Lake City resource recovery manager.
Dates and locations of e-waste recycling include May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 South 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s, 1174 W. 600 North — all in Salt Lake City.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. For more information on e-waste recycling, visit www.SLCgreen.com.
— Jasen Lee
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22