SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green announced a series of weekend electronic waste recycling events that will be held each month running from May through August. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
A wide variety of electronics from city and county residents will be accepted at the events, however, business waste will not be accepted. E-waste taken at the community collection events include computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras.
“Historically, Saturday events have been very popular and we are expecting to collect 10,000 pounds of e-waste at each event," said Debbie Lyons, Salt Lake City resource recovery manager.
Dates and locations of e-waste recycling include May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 South 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s, 1174 W. 600 North — all in Salt Lake City.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. For more information on e-waste recycling, visit www.SLCgreen.com.
— Jasen Lee
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 28
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21