SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green has announced a series of electronic waste recycling events that will be held monthly through August.
The events are sponsored by Samsung and will accept a wide variety of electronics from city and county residents. Business waste will not be accepted.
E-waste accepted at the community collection events includes computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras. The waste will be recycled by Metech, a certified e-Steward recognized by the nonprofit e-Stewards, which advocates e-waste recycling.
Any toxic material left over after the recycling process will be safely handled by a hazardous waste facility. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
The events are May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s grocery store, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s grocery store, 1174 W. 600 North.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. More information on electronic waste recycling, including a complete list of acceptable materials, is available at www.SLCgreen.com.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14