SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green has announced a series of electronic waste recycling events that will be held monthly through August.
The events are sponsored by Samsung and will accept a wide variety of electronics from city and county residents. Business waste will not be accepted.
E-waste accepted at the community collection events includes computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras. The waste will be recycled by Metech, a certified e-Steward recognized by the nonprofit e-Stewards, which advocates e-waste recycling.
Any toxic material left over after the recycling process will be safely handled by a hazardous waste facility. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
The events are May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s grocery store, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s grocery store, 1174 W. 600 North.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. More information on electronic waste recycling, including a complete list of acceptable materials, is available at www.SLCgreen.com.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 21
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17