SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green has announced a series of electronic waste recycling events that will be held monthly through August.
The events are sponsored by Samsung and will accept a wide variety of electronics from city and county residents. Business waste will not be accepted.
E-waste accepted at the community collection events includes computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras. The waste will be recycled by Metech, a certified e-Steward recognized by the nonprofit e-Stewards, which advocates e-waste recycling.
Any toxic material left over after the recycling process will be safely handled by a hazardous waste facility. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
The events are May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s grocery store, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s grocery store, 1174 W. 600 North.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. More information on electronic waste recycling, including a complete list of acceptable materials, is available at www.SLCgreen.com.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11