SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green has announced a series of electronic waste recycling events that will be held monthly through August.
The events are sponsored by Samsung and will accept a wide variety of electronics from city and county residents. Business waste will not be accepted.
E-waste accepted at the community collection events includes computers, computer parts, televisions, cellphones, printers, scanners and cameras. The waste will be recycled by Metech, a certified e-Steward recognized by the nonprofit e-Stewards, which advocates e-waste recycling.
Any toxic material left over after the recycling process will be safely handled by a hazardous waste facility. All e-waste recycling events are scheduled from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
The events are May 11 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; June 8 at Smith’s grocery store, 876 E. 800 South; July 13 at Smith’s Marketplace, 455 S. 500 East; and Aug. 10 at Smith’s grocery store, 1174 W. 600 North.
Additional community e-waste collection events are scheduled throughout Salt Lake County this summer. More information on electronic waste recycling, including a complete list of acceptable materials, is available at www.SLCgreen.com.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17