Darryl Dyck, AP
The NHL lockout cost the league nearly half the season, and the 48-game sprint is now over.
This season saw Washington's Alex Ovechkin break out of his two-year slump to once again lead the league in goals. Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby was himself as well, putting up points at a phenomenal rate, but the unluckiest superstar in sports was once again injured late in the season after taking a puck to the face.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are back, along with the Montreal Canadiens, but the Ottowa Senators might be Canada’s most dangerous team.
The New York Rangers are hoping adding Rick Nash will get them back to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1994, and the Detroit Red Wings made the playoffs for the 22nd straight season, even without freshly retired former captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
The Minnesota Wild's offseason moves boosted them to the playoffs, but will Zach Parise and Ryan Suter be enough to allow them to advance?
Can the Blackhawks finish off their record-breaking start to the season? Will Ovechkin finally lead the Capitals past the second round? Is this the year that Jarome Iginla will hoist Lord Stanley's Cup? What’s wrong with Vancouver? Can the Kings repeat?
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face Oregon...
- Breaking down the field: A look at the 68...
- Jimmer Fredette thinks Bulls give him ideal...
- BYU's No. 10 seed surprises national media
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's
- Brad Rock: NCAA can't ignore BYU's tournament...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 114
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 75
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's 31
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Bubble watch: BYU playing the waiting game 20