SALT LAKE CITY — A man wanted in a Utah homicide has been arrested in Alaska.
Stephen Ellenwood, 40, was arrested about 2 p.m. Wednesday after a brief foot pursuit, according to the Haines Borough Police Department in Haines, Alaska. Ellenwood was wanted on a warrant for aggravated murder in Ogden.
The arrest was a joint effort between the Alaska state troopers, Haines Borough Police Department and Ogden Police Department. Ellenwood is being held without bail at the Lemon Creek Correctional Facility in Juneau, Alaska, while he awaits extradition to Utah.
No further information about the suspected homicide was available Wednesday.
Court records for multiple felony charges filed against Ellenwood in 2nd District Court between January 1994 and November 1996 are sealed. New charges filed in 2nd District Court on April 26 are also sealed.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16