SALT LAKE CITY — A man wanted in a Utah homicide has been arrested in Alaska.
Stephen Ellenwood, 40, was arrested about 2 p.m. Wednesday after a brief foot pursuit, according to the Haines Borough Police Department in Haines, Alaska. Ellenwood was wanted on a warrant for aggravated murder in Ogden.
The arrest was a joint effort between the Alaska state troopers, Haines Borough Police Department and Ogden Police Department. Ellenwood is being held without bail at the Lemon Creek Correctional Facility in Juneau, Alaska, while he awaits extradition to Utah.
No further information about the suspected homicide was available Wednesday.
Court records for multiple felony charges filed against Ellenwood in 2nd District Court between January 1994 and November 1996 are sealed. New charges filed in 2nd District Court on April 26 are also sealed.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14