SALT LAKE CITY — A man wanted in a Utah homicide has been arrested in Alaska.
Stephen Ellenwood, 40, was arrested about 2 p.m. Wednesday after a brief foot pursuit, according to the Haines Borough Police Department in Haines, Alaska. Ellenwood was wanted on a warrant for aggravated murder in Ogden.
The arrest was a joint effort between the Alaska state troopers, Haines Borough Police Department and Ogden Police Department. Ellenwood is being held without bail at the Lemon Creek Correctional Facility in Juneau, Alaska, while he awaits extradition to Utah.
No further information about the suspected homicide was available Wednesday.
Court records for multiple felony charges filed against Ellenwood in 2nd District Court between January 1994 and November 1996 are sealed. New charges filed in 2nd District Court on April 26 are also sealed.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12