SALT LAKE CITY — A man wanted in a Utah homicide has been arrested in Alaska.
Stephen Ellenwood, 40, was arrested about 2 p.m. Wednesday after a brief foot pursuit, according to the Haines Borough Police Department in Haines, Alaska. Ellenwood was wanted on a warrant for aggravated murder in Ogden.
The arrest was a joint effort between the Alaska state troopers, Haines Borough Police Department and Ogden Police Department. Ellenwood is being held without bail at the Lemon Creek Correctional Facility in Juneau, Alaska, while he awaits extradition to Utah.
No further information about the suspected homicide was available Wednesday.
Court records for multiple felony charges filed against Ellenwood in 2nd District Court between January 1994 and November 1996 are sealed. New charges filed in 2nd District Court on April 26 are also sealed.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14