SALT LAKE CITY — Attendees at the Real Salt Lake soccer match experienced a spectacular performance Saturday, May 4 — and not just by the 2-0 win against Vancouver.
Eleven-year-old Lexi Walker sang the national anthem, and listeners were blown away by Walker’s voice. Comments on the YouTube clip of her singing include, “She has a bright future ahead of her!” and “She was astonishing! How old is this girl?” The clip has more than 13,000 views.
Abby Stevens is an intern for the Deseret News Faith and Family sections. She is a recent graduate of Brigham Young University–Idaho. Contact Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 33
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 21
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4