What's new: 'One Drop at a Time: A Message for Women' by Elder M. Russell Ballard
“ONE DROP AT A TIME: A Message for Women,” by M. Russell Ballard, Deseret Book, $15.99, 42 pages (nf)
One honeybee contributes about one-twelfth of a teaspoon of honey to its hive.
“Though seemingly insignificant when compared to the total, each bee’s one-twelfth of a teaspoon of honey is vital to the life of the hive. The bees depend on each other,” writes Elder M. Russell Ballard of the LDS Church’s Quorum of the Twelve in the recently released book “One Drop at a Time: A Message for Women.”
“Work that would be overwhelming for a few bees to do becomes lighter because all of the bees faithfully do their part.”
And that is a model for women today to follow, Elder Ballard writes. It’s seemingly small acts of kindness and love that will help reach and assist each other.
“What would be the cumulative effect of millions of small, compassionate acts performed daily by us because of out heartfelt Christian love for others?” he asks. “Over time, this would have a transformative effect upon all of our Heavenly Father’s children through the extension of his love to them through us.”
Elder Ballard quotes scriptures along with past presidents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as he encourages women to use their unique abilities and attributes as they continue to reach out and serve.
“Never forget that the Lord may work a miracle in their lives through you,” Elder Ballard wrote.
“One Drop at a Time” is based on his October 2012 general conference talk titled “Be Anxiously Engaged” and has been focused on women. Pictures of honey, bees and other art illustrates Elder Ballard’s message in this timely and uplifting gift book.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 129
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 80
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 62
- Space and religion: How believers view... 24
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10