“My dad told me what happened,” she said through tears. “I closed my eyes, and I heard her say to me, ‘Goodbye, Maya. I love you.’ Then I saw a picture of her in my head.”
Maya, the only daughter in the family, she said she'll always cherish the mother-daughter time they shared.
Te said he will remember the times his mother would support him at sporting events.
"She would always be the one cheering me in the crowd and always be the one to say, ‘Good job,'" he said.
The oldest child, Kai, described his mother as an angel, a gift and a blessing.
"This morning, I could like almost see her just smiling in front of me," he said.
Kai said he made his mother a promise and plans to step up as the big brother in the family.
"I promised her that I would take care of her child," he said.
The family's also is helping them cope with their loss. They believe they'll see her again.
"She's in a better place," Justus said.
Katrina’s mother, Celeste Galbraith, said she was grateful for having the privilege to raise such a wonderful daughter.
“She had a good heart. She loved everybody, and she was so kind,” she said.
“I’m just glad that I was her dad,” Gordon Galbraith said.
“Katrina is one of those once-in-a-lifetime people that you don’t ever think will be gone,” her brother, Rex Galbraith, said.
As for newborn Jet Lee, doctors have taken him off oxygen, and he will begin bottle feeding soon.
A viewing will be held at 5 p.m. Friday at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake center at 1075 S. Geneva Road. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Because of Katrina's extended hospital stay, the family has incurred tremendous hospital bills. Family and friends have set up an account at Wells Fargo. People wishing to make a donation can do so at any Wells Fargo bank under the name “Team Katrina.”
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 38
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22