“My dad told me what happened,” she said through tears. “I closed my eyes, and I heard her say to me, ‘Goodbye, Maya. I love you.’ Then I saw a picture of her in my head.”
Maya, the only daughter in the family, she said she'll always cherish the mother-daughter time they shared.
Te said he will remember the times his mother would support him at sporting events.
"She would always be the one cheering me in the crowd and always be the one to say, ‘Good job,'" he said.
The oldest child, Kai, described his mother as an angel, a gift and a blessing.
"This morning, I could like almost see her just smiling in front of me," he said.
Kai said he made his mother a promise and plans to step up as the big brother in the family.
"I promised her that I would take care of her child," he said.
The family's also is helping them cope with their loss. They believe they'll see her again.
"She's in a better place," Justus said.
Katrina’s mother, Celeste Galbraith, said she was grateful for having the privilege to raise such a wonderful daughter.
“She had a good heart. She loved everybody, and she was so kind,” she said.
“I’m just glad that I was her dad,” Gordon Galbraith said.
“Katrina is one of those once-in-a-lifetime people that you don’t ever think will be gone,” her brother, Rex Galbraith, said.
As for newborn Jet Lee, doctors have taken him off oxygen, and he will begin bottle feeding soon.
A viewing will be held at 5 p.m. Friday at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake center at 1075 S. Geneva Road. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Because of Katrina's extended hospital stay, the family has incurred tremendous hospital bills. Family and friends have set up an account at Wells Fargo. People wishing to make a donation can do so at any Wells Fargo bank under the name “Team Katrina.”
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- Mother of slain baby to serve 90 days in jail
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 34
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 31
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 21