“My dad told me what happened,” she said through tears. “I closed my eyes, and I heard her say to me, ‘Goodbye, Maya. I love you.’ Then I saw a picture of her in my head.”
Maya, the only daughter in the family, she said she'll always cherish the mother-daughter time they shared.
Te said he will remember the times his mother would support him at sporting events.
"She would always be the one cheering me in the crowd and always be the one to say, ‘Good job,'" he said.
The oldest child, Kai, described his mother as an angel, a gift and a blessing.
"This morning, I could like almost see her just smiling in front of me," he said.
Kai said he made his mother a promise and plans to step up as the big brother in the family.
"I promised her that I would take care of her child," he said.
The family's also is helping them cope with their loss. They believe they'll see her again.
"She's in a better place," Justus said.
Katrina’s mother, Celeste Galbraith, said she was grateful for having the privilege to raise such a wonderful daughter.
“She had a good heart. She loved everybody, and she was so kind,” she said.
“I’m just glad that I was her dad,” Gordon Galbraith said.
“Katrina is one of those once-in-a-lifetime people that you don’t ever think will be gone,” her brother, Rex Galbraith, said.
As for newborn Jet Lee, doctors have taken him off oxygen, and he will begin bottle feeding soon.
A viewing will be held at 5 p.m. Friday at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints stake center at 1075 S. Geneva Road. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Because of Katrina's extended hospital stay, the family has incurred tremendous hospital bills. Family and friends have set up an account at Wells Fargo. People wishing to make a donation can do so at any Wells Fargo bank under the name “Team Katrina.”
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10