After years of waiting, fans of Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" novel caught a glimpse of the film adaptation Tuesday with the release of its first trailer.
The film, also titled "Ender's Game," features a star-studded cast of award winners and nominees, including Ben Kingsley, Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford and Hailee Steinfeld.
The trailer showcases Ender (Butterfield) engaged in war scenarios at an advanced military school that prepares young children to join a decades-long war with alien creatures.
The film is based on Card's novel, which has become a worldwide best-seller since its publication in 1985. "Ender's Game" ranks eighth on a list of most checked-out books from the BYU library, according to The Daily Universe, BYU's student paper.
Katie Harmer is a journalism graduate of Brigham Young University and writes for Mormon Times. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @harmerk
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 14
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11