After years of waiting, fans of Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" novel caught a glimpse of the film adaptation Tuesday with the release of its first trailer.
The film, also titled "Ender's Game," features a star-studded cast of award winners and nominees, including Ben Kingsley, Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford and Hailee Steinfeld.
The trailer showcases Ender (Butterfield) engaged in war scenarios at an advanced military school that prepares young children to join a decades-long war with alien creatures.
The film is based on Card's novel, which has become a worldwide best-seller since its publication in 1985. "Ender's Game" ranks eighth on a list of most checked-out books from the BYU library, according to The Daily Universe, BYU's student paper.
Katie Harmer is a journalism graduate of Brigham Young University and writes for Mormon Times. Email: email@example.com Twitter: @harmerk
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Halloween costumes for...
- How 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 24
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 12
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 6
- Is it safe to give out candy on Halloween? 4