After years of waiting, fans of Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" novel caught a glimpse of the film adaptation Tuesday with the release of its first trailer.
The film, also titled "Ender's Game," features a star-studded cast of award winners and nominees, including Ben Kingsley, Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford and Hailee Steinfeld.
The trailer showcases Ender (Butterfield) engaged in war scenarios at an advanced military school that prepares young children to join a decades-long war with alien creatures.
The film is based on Card's novel, which has become a worldwide best-seller since its publication in 1985. "Ender's Game" ranks eighth on a list of most checked-out books from the BYU library, according to The Daily Universe, BYU's student paper.
Katie Harmer is a journalism graduate of Brigham Young University and writes for Mormon Times. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @harmerk
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- The Piano Guys release new video featuring...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1