SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Technology Council has named Chet Linton, president and CEO of School Improvement Network, as its new chairman of the board.
Businessman Alan E. Hall has retired as chairman after five years of service to the organization. New vice chairpersons are Christine Archibald, president and CEO of ManagementPlus; and Mark Sunday, CIO of Oracle.
“Mr. Hall leaves some big shoes to fill,” said Linton. “That being said, I have tremendous confidence in this organization’s executive team and its trustees. I look forward to serving in this capacity and am excited to help Utah continue to be at the forefront in providing a great home for technology companies.”
Linton has been involved as CEO, president, and vice president of the several endeavors that led to the creation of School Improvement Network since 1991.
The UTC also announced its 2013 slate of trustees at its recent annual members’ meeting.
The new trustees are: Neil Ashdown, president, iSchool Campus; Tom Carlin, CEO, Inovar; Steve Daly, president and CEO, LANDesk; Adam Edmunds, founder, Allegiance Inc.; Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc; Shawn Goff, managing partner, Ernst & Young; Rob Kain, partner, Pelion Venture Partners; Westminster College President Brian Levin-Stankevich; Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams; Greg Pesci, CEO, ProPay; Jerry Ropelato, founder and CEO, WhiteClouds; Joe Swenson, CEO, Imagine Learning; Mark VanOrden, CIO, state of Utah; and Weber State University President Charles Wight.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 165
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 86
- Bingham High students walk out over... 78
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 25
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18