SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Technology Council has named Chet Linton, president and CEO of School Improvement Network, as its new chairman of the board.
Businessman Alan E. Hall has retired as chairman after five years of service to the organization. New vice chairpersons are Christine Archibald, president and CEO of ManagementPlus; and Mark Sunday, CIO of Oracle.
“Mr. Hall leaves some big shoes to fill,” said Linton. “That being said, I have tremendous confidence in this organization’s executive team and its trustees. I look forward to serving in this capacity and am excited to help Utah continue to be at the forefront in providing a great home for technology companies.”
Linton has been involved as CEO, president, and vice president of the several endeavors that led to the creation of School Improvement Network since 1991.
The UTC also announced its 2013 slate of trustees at its recent annual members’ meeting.
The new trustees are: Neil Ashdown, president, iSchool Campus; Tom Carlin, CEO, Inovar; Steve Daly, president and CEO, LANDesk; Adam Edmunds, founder, Allegiance Inc.; Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc; Shawn Goff, managing partner, Ernst & Young; Rob Kain, partner, Pelion Venture Partners; Westminster College President Brian Levin-Stankevich; Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams; Greg Pesci, CEO, ProPay; Jerry Ropelato, founder and CEO, WhiteClouds; Joe Swenson, CEO, Imagine Learning; Mark VanOrden, CIO, state of Utah; and Weber State University President Charles Wight.
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 51
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 30
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15