SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Technology Council has named Chet Linton, president and CEO of School Improvement Network, as its new chairman of the board.
Businessman Alan E. Hall has retired as chairman after five years of service to the organization. New vice chairpersons are Christine Archibald, president and CEO of ManagementPlus; and Mark Sunday, CIO of Oracle.
“Mr. Hall leaves some big shoes to fill,” said Linton. “That being said, I have tremendous confidence in this organization’s executive team and its trustees. I look forward to serving in this capacity and am excited to help Utah continue to be at the forefront in providing a great home for technology companies.”
Linton has been involved as CEO, president, and vice president of the several endeavors that led to the creation of School Improvement Network since 1991.
The UTC also announced its 2013 slate of trustees at its recent annual members’ meeting.
The new trustees are: Neil Ashdown, president, iSchool Campus; Tom Carlin, CEO, Inovar; Steve Daly, president and CEO, LANDesk; Adam Edmunds, founder, Allegiance Inc.; Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc; Shawn Goff, managing partner, Ernst & Young; Rob Kain, partner, Pelion Venture Partners; Westminster College President Brian Levin-Stankevich; Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams; Greg Pesci, CEO, ProPay; Jerry Ropelato, founder and CEO, WhiteClouds; Joe Swenson, CEO, Imagine Learning; Mark VanOrden, CIO, state of Utah; and Weber State University President Charles Wight.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11