MYTON, Duchesne County — According to the Uintah County Sheriff's office, one person was killed and two were injured Tuesday night when a storage tank exploded at an oil field near Myton.
Emergency crews and sheriff's deputies from both Uintah and Duchesne counties were working their way toward the structure, located just over the county line in Uintah County, about 9:45 p.m. The fire started sometime before 8:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the situation was chaotic as they received conflicting calls and worked to confirm what happened at the structure about three miles east of the small town of Myton.
The structure is owned by Newfield Production, which has its Utah headquarters positioned just outside Myton in Duchesne County. The company is the largest producer of crude oil in the state.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15