MYTON, Duchesne County — According to the Uintah County Sheriff's office, one person was killed and two were injured Tuesday night when a storage tank exploded at an oil field near Myton.
Emergency crews and sheriff's deputies from both Uintah and Duchesne counties were working their way toward the structure, located just over the county line in Uintah County, about 9:45 p.m. The fire started sometime before 8:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the situation was chaotic as they received conflicting calls and worked to confirm what happened at the structure about three miles east of the small town of Myton.
The structure is owned by Newfield Production, which has its Utah headquarters positioned just outside Myton in Duchesne County. The company is the largest producer of crude oil in the state.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9