MYTON, Duchesne County — According to the Uintah County Sheriff's office, one person was killed and two were injured Tuesday night when a storage tank exploded at an oil field near Myton.
Emergency crews and sheriff's deputies from both Uintah and Duchesne counties were working their way toward the structure, located just over the county line in Uintah County, about 9:45 p.m. The fire started sometime before 8:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the situation was chaotic as they received conflicting calls and worked to confirm what happened at the structure about three miles east of the small town of Myton.
The structure is owned by Newfield Production, which has its Utah headquarters positioned just outside Myton in Duchesne County. The company is the largest producer of crude oil in the state.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13