Salt Lake City, Provo-Orem areas ranked high by Forbes as best cities with jobs
"These are also reasons we're able to complete deals with companies like Google Fiber. We strive to enhance our overall business-friendly environment by attracting new companies while growing and expanding our existing ones," Curtis said.
Salt Lake City jumped from a ranking of 22nd in 2012 to the top-five position this year.
A spokesman for Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker said that the Forbes report is “further evidence that the things we're focusing on at City Hall — sustainable growth, high quality of life, a welcoming and equitable community, a decision-making process that prioritizes sustainability and an education system that provides unobstructed paths for everyone from cradle-to-college-to-career — continue to keep Salt Lake City among the nation's job leaders,” said Art Raymond, director of communications.
In the past five years, Salt Lake City has seen its job base grow with the development of City Creek Center and the resultant expansion of downtown development. Additionally, global investment bank Goldman Sachs' Salt Lake City office is now the company’s second largest in the Americas with about 1,500 employees.
Statewide, large U.S. companies with international operations, such as eBay, Oracle and Procter & Gamble, have expanded their Utah presence.
“These are continued mile markers along the path that we have set out to be the leading state economy in the nation,” said Spencer Eccles, director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
“Our successes are a result of everyone working together in a collaborative way, at the state, city, county, education and all important industry level.”
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Varian Medical breaks ground on Salt Lake...
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top humor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3