New video: Life doesn't come with a manual; it comes with a mother
In honor of Mother's Day on May 12, a non-denominational video highlighting the important role mothers play is being shared on family- and faith-based websites, including LDS.org.
The video, produced in association with several faith groups, begins by stating, "Every time a child is born, so is a mother."
Scenes flash by of a woman picking up spilled cereal and of another helping her children with homework as the mother's many roles are emphasized.
"There to tuck you in, to cheer you up. There to teach. There to send you off, and to listen when you call."
Images then focus on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, as this phrase appears: "There by your side when others have left you."
The video concludes with a reminder for viewers to express gratitude.
"This Mother's Day thank the women who have loved, mentored and mothered you."
The video was posted to YouTube yesterday, and the description includes an invitation to share the message.
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- #MeetMyGrandma: Mormons aim to capture the...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 68
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 27
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7