New video: Life doesn't come with a manual; it comes with a mother
In honor of Mother's Day on May 12, a non-denominational video highlighting the important role mothers play is being shared on family- and faith-based websites, including LDS.org.
The video, produced in association with several faith groups, begins by stating, "Every time a child is born, so is a mother."
Scenes flash by of a woman picking up spilled cereal and of another helping her children with homework as the mother's many roles are emphasized.
"There to tuck you in, to cheer you up. There to teach. There to send you off, and to listen when you call."
Images then focus on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, as this phrase appears: "There by your side when others have left you."
The video concludes with a reminder for viewers to express gratitude.
"This Mother's Day thank the women who have loved, mentored and mothered you."
The video was posted to YouTube yesterday, and the description includes an invitation to share the message.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Obama signed a new order that protects gay...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 69
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 55
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 51
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- Obama signed a new order that protects... 33
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 21
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15