New video: Life doesn't come with a manual; it comes with a mother
In honor of Mother's Day on May 12, a non-denominational video highlighting the important role mothers play is being shared on family- and faith-based websites, including LDS.org.
The video, produced in association with several faith groups, begins by stating, "Every time a child is born, so is a mother."
Scenes flash by of a woman picking up spilled cereal and of another helping her children with homework as the mother's many roles are emphasized.
"There to tuck you in, to cheer you up. There to teach. There to send you off, and to listen when you call."
Images then focus on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, as this phrase appears: "There by your side when others have left you."
The video concludes with a reminder for viewers to express gratitude.
"This Mother's Day thank the women who have loved, mentored and mothered you."
The video was posted to YouTube yesterday, and the description includes an invitation to share the message.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 26
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- Defending the Faith: Reasons for... 8
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of... 2
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2