New video: Life doesn't come with a manual; it comes with a mother
In honor of Mother's Day on May 12, a non-denominational video highlighting the important role mothers play is being shared on family- and faith-based websites, including LDS.org.
The video, produced in association with several faith groups, begins by stating, "Every time a child is born, so is a mother."
Scenes flash by of a woman picking up spilled cereal and of another helping her children with homework as the mother's many roles are emphasized.
"There to tuck you in, to cheer you up. There to teach. There to send you off, and to listen when you call."
Images then focus on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, as this phrase appears: "There by your side when others have left you."
The video concludes with a reminder for viewers to express gratitude.
"This Mother's Day thank the women who have loved, mentored and mothered you."
The video was posted to YouTube yesterday, and the description includes an invitation to share the message.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 172
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 22
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 15
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 13