Utah Department of Corrections
SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake City man is charged with sexually assaulting a boy he met at church.
Michael Driggs, 62, is facing four counts of sodomy on a child and two counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, all first-degree felonies, as well as one count of providing harmful material to a minor, a third-degree felony, according to charges filed Monday in 3rd District Court.
Driggs is accused of sexually abusing the boy between January 2004 and December 2005, when the boy was 12 and 13 years old, charges state.
Driggs reportedly helped the boy set up an email account, which he used to send him pornographic movies and photos. He allegedly sexually abused the boy when he came to the Kearns house where Driggs lived at the time, according to the charges.
Driggs was convicted in 1985 of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor in Maricopa County, Ariz., and is required to register as a sex offender for life.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 16