OGDEN — A failed Molotov cocktail thrown through a window at an LDS church sometime Sunday night has sparked a joint investigation.
Fire officials say the Molotov cocktail, which extinguished itself, was thrown through a window of a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1590 E. 13th St.
The remains of the cocktail, which caused about $1,000 damage to the church's kitchen, was discovered by maintenance personnel who went to the church about 7:30 a.m. Monday, said Eric Bauman, Ogden Fire Department deputy chief.
Because the target was a church, the incident is being investigated by the Ogden City Fire Department Fire Marshal, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Ogden City Fire Department at 801-629-8221. A reward likely will be established for information about the incident, Bauman said.
— McKenzie Romero
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26