OGDEN — A failed Molotov cocktail thrown through a window at an LDS church sometime Sunday night has sparked a joint investigation.
Fire officials say the Molotov cocktail, which extinguished itself, was thrown through a window of a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1590 E. 13th St.
The remains of the cocktail, which caused about $1,000 damage to the church's kitchen, was discovered by maintenance personnel who went to the church about 7:30 a.m. Monday, said Eric Bauman, Ogden Fire Department deputy chief.
Because the target was a church, the incident is being investigated by the Ogden City Fire Department Fire Marshal, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Ogden City Fire Department at 801-629-8221. A reward likely will be established for information about the incident, Bauman said.
— McKenzie Romero
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15