OGDEN — A failed Molotov cocktail thrown through a window at an LDS church sometime Sunday night has sparked a joint investigation.
Fire officials say the Molotov cocktail, which extinguished itself, was thrown through a window of a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1590 E. 13th St.
The remains of the cocktail, which caused about $1,000 damage to the church's kitchen, was discovered by maintenance personnel who went to the church about 7:30 a.m. Monday, said Eric Bauman, Ogden Fire Department deputy chief.
Because the target was a church, the incident is being investigated by the Ogden City Fire Department Fire Marshal, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Ogden City Fire Department at 801-629-8221. A reward likely will be established for information about the incident, Bauman said.
— McKenzie Romero
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19