OGDEN — A failed Molotov cocktail thrown through a window at an LDS church sometime Sunday night has sparked a joint investigation.
Fire officials say the Molotov cocktail, which extinguished itself, was thrown through a window of a meetinghouse of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1590 E. 13th St.
The remains of the cocktail, which caused about $1,000 damage to the church's kitchen, was discovered by maintenance personnel who went to the church about 7:30 a.m. Monday, said Eric Bauman, Ogden Fire Department deputy chief.
Because the target was a church, the incident is being investigated by the Ogden City Fire Department Fire Marshal, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Ogden City Fire Department at 801-629-8221. A reward likely will be established for information about the incident, Bauman said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Learn how to become foster parent at one of...
- Annual Utah Energy Development Summit set for...
- Photos: S.L. County expanding curbside glass...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 84
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10