COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A negligent homicide charge has been filed in connection with a woman's death in April.
Dan L. Eining, 59, of Cottonwood Heights, was charged with the class A misdemeanor in 3rd District Court stemming from the April 10 death of Sharalyn Quinney, 75. Quinney died from injuries she suffered after being hit by an SUV that was being backed out of a driveway near 3646 E. 8400 South.
At the time, the driver told police he did not see the woman in the April 9 accident. Police said the vehicle was not moving very fast, but the impact knocked her to the ground and caused a severe head injury.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18