COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A negligent homicide charge has been filed in connection with a woman's death in April.
Dan L. Eining, 59, of Cottonwood Heights, was charged with the class A misdemeanor in 3rd District Court stemming from the April 10 death of Sharalyn Quinney, 75. Quinney died from injuries she suffered after being hit by an SUV that was being backed out of a driveway near 3646 E. 8400 South.
At the time, the driver told police he did not see the woman in the April 9 accident. Police said the vehicle was not moving very fast, but the impact knocked her to the ground and caused a severe head injury.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13