As expected, it was a banner day at the BYU Invitational over the weekend with six new state records set and 14 other top performances of 2013 recorded.
State records were set by Park City’s Ben Saarel (3,200 meters), Davis’ Shea Martinez (800 meters), Sky View’s Brenna Porter (300 hurdles), Woods Cross’ Jacopo Spano (200 meters), Bingham’s Bethany Foster (pole vault) and Riverton’s 4x400 relay team.
Along with Megan Glasmann’s state record in the javelin the previous week, seven overall state records have fallen this season.
Nobody would be surprised to see several more state records wall at either region meets are the state championships over the next two weeks.
Here’s a look at the latest top 10 individual performances list for the 2013 track & field season at UHSAA sanctioned events. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event, unless their best time was wind-aided.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26