As expected, it was a banner day at the BYU Invitational over the weekend with six new state records set and 14 other top performances of 2013 recorded.
State records were set by Park City’s Ben Saarel (3,200 meters), Davis’ Shea Martinez (800 meters), Sky View’s Brenna Porter (300 hurdles), Woods Cross’ Jacopo Spano (200 meters), Bingham’s Bethany Foster (pole vault) and Riverton’s 4x400 relay team.
Along with Megan Glasmann’s state record in the javelin the previous week, seven overall state records have fallen this season.
Nobody would be surprised to see several more state records wall at either region meets are the state championships over the next two weeks.
Here’s a look at the latest top 10 individual performances list for the 2013 track & field season at UHSAA sanctioned events. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event, unless their best time was wind-aided.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 73
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34