As expected, it was a banner day at the BYU Invitational over the weekend with six new state records set and 14 other top performances of 2013 recorded.
State records were set by Park City’s Ben Saarel (3,200 meters), Davis’ Shea Martinez (800 meters), Sky View’s Brenna Porter (300 hurdles), Woods Cross’ Jacopo Spano (200 meters), Bingham’s Bethany Foster (pole vault) and Riverton’s 4x400 relay team.
Along with Megan Glasmann’s state record in the javelin the previous week, seven overall state records have fallen this season.
Nobody would be surprised to see several more state records wall at either region meets are the state championships over the next two weeks.
Here’s a look at the latest top 10 individual performances list for the 2013 track & field season at UHSAA sanctioned events. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event, unless their best time was wind-aided.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at email@example.com.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0