As expected, it was a banner day at the BYU Invitational over the weekend with six new state records set and 14 other top performances of 2013 recorded.
State records were set by Park City’s Ben Saarel (3,200 meters), Davis’ Shea Martinez (800 meters), Sky View’s Brenna Porter (300 hurdles), Woods Cross’ Jacopo Spano (200 meters), Bingham’s Bethany Foster (pole vault) and Riverton’s 4x400 relay team.
Along with Megan Glasmann’s state record in the javelin the previous week, seven overall state records have fallen this season.
Nobody would be surprised to see several more state records wall at either region meets are the state championships over the next two weeks.
Here’s a look at the latest top 10 individual performances list for the 2013 track & field season at UHSAA sanctioned events. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event, unless their best time was wind-aided.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at email@example.com.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16