As expected, it was a banner day at the BYU Invitational over the weekend with six new state records set and 14 other top performances of 2013 recorded.
State records were set by Park City’s Ben Saarel (3,200 meters), Davis’ Shea Martinez (800 meters), Sky View’s Brenna Porter (300 hurdles), Woods Cross’ Jacopo Spano (200 meters), Bingham’s Bethany Foster (pole vault) and Riverton’s 4x400 relay team.
Along with Megan Glasmann’s state record in the javelin the previous week, seven overall state records have fallen this season.
Nobody would be surprised to see several more state records wall at either region meets are the state championships over the next two weeks.
Here’s a look at the latest top 10 individual performances list for the 2013 track & field season at UHSAA sanctioned events. Individuals are only listed once if they have multiple top-10 results in the same event, unless their best time was wind-aided.
Note for coaches, if one of your athletes has a top-10 performance that isn’t listed, please contact prep editor James Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43