SALT LAKE CITY — One person was ejected from a vehicle and three others were injured after a car crash on I-215 Saturday evening, police said.
A silver Honda and an older Model Ford pickup pulling a small covered trailer collided at approximately 7:51 p.m. on the freeway, while travelling west. The Honda swerved to avoid hitting a van that had pulled in front of it, and hit the truck.
The three passengers in the truck were not wearing seatbelts. A woman in her 20s was thrown from the truck and received critical injuries. A man in his 50s was pinned and later freed from the truck and was also critical. The driver of the truck was a man in his mid-30s. He suffered minor injuries. All three were transported to a Salt Lake hospital.
The driver of the Honda suffered minor injuries and was not hospitalized.
Traffic was diverted off of I-215 westbound at 2000 east is shut down and will remain closed for a couple hours while police investigate the crash scene.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Contributing: Sandra Yi
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14