SALT LAKE CITY — One person was ejected from a vehicle and three others were injured after a car crash on I-215 Saturday evening, police said.
A silver Honda and an older Model Ford pickup pulling a small covered trailer collided at approximately 7:51 p.m. on the freeway, while travelling west. The Honda swerved to avoid hitting a van that had pulled in front of it, and hit the truck.
The three passengers in the truck were not wearing seatbelts. A woman in her 20s was thrown from the truck and received critical injuries. A man in his 50s was pinned and later freed from the truck and was also critical. The driver of the truck was a man in his mid-30s. He suffered minor injuries. All three were transported to a Salt Lake hospital.
The driver of the Honda suffered minor injuries and was not hospitalized.
Traffic was diverted off of I-215 westbound at 2000 east is shut down and will remain closed for a couple hours while police investigate the crash scene.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Contributing: Sandra Yi
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 29
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18