SALT LAKE CITY — One person was ejected from a vehicle and three others were injured after a car crash on I-215 Saturday evening, police said.
A silver Honda and an older Model Ford pickup pulling a small covered trailer collided at approximately 7:51 p.m. on the freeway, while travelling west. The Honda swerved to avoid hitting a van that had pulled in front of it, and hit the truck.
The three passengers in the truck were not wearing seatbelts. A woman in her 20s was thrown from the truck and received critical injuries. A man in his 50s was pinned and later freed from the truck and was also critical. The driver of the truck was a man in his mid-30s. He suffered minor injuries. All three were transported to a Salt Lake hospital.
The driver of the Honda suffered minor injuries and was not hospitalized.
Traffic was diverted off of I-215 westbound at 2000 east is shut down and will remain closed for a couple hours while police investigate the crash scene.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Contributing: Sandra Yi
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18