SALT LAKE CITY — One person was ejected from a vehicle and three others were injured after a car crash on I-215 Saturday evening, police said.
A silver Honda and an older Model Ford pickup pulling a small covered trailer collided at approximately 7:51 p.m. on the freeway, while travelling west. The Honda swerved to avoid hitting a van that had pulled in front of it, and hit the truck.
The three passengers in the truck were not wearing seatbelts. A woman in her 20s was thrown from the truck and received critical injuries. A man in his 50s was pinned and later freed from the truck and was also critical. The driver of the truck was a man in his mid-30s. He suffered minor injuries. All three were transported to a Salt Lake hospital.
The driver of the Honda suffered minor injuries and was not hospitalized.
Traffic was diverted off of I-215 westbound at 2000 east is shut down and will remain closed for a couple hours while police investigate the crash scene.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Contributing: Sandra Yi
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 77
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 36
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 32
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 25
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 24