Watch them walk: Deseretnews.com will live stream Utah high school graduations
In the coming months, thousands of high school students will graduate. Even more will want to celebrate with them. Unfortunately, many, because of distance or otherwise, can’t. Or can they?
Yes, yes they can.
For the first time ever, KSL.com and DeseretNews.com will present live video coverage of Utah high school graduation ceremonies at no cost to the schools that choose to participate.
Schools so far that plan to have their graduation ceremonies broadcasted live on the Internet include:
- Deseret Hills
- Snow Canyon
- Pine View
“We're happy to carry high school graduation ceremonies on our websites via our unique online broadcast system. This initiative beautifully combines our technical ability with our aim to 'catch kids doing great things,'” said Matt Sanders, general manager of publisher solutions at Deseret Digital Media.
Authoritative all-state athletic awards, elementary reading initiatives and over a decade sponsoring the Utah High School Activities Association are other ways Deseret Media Companies strives to catch kids doing great things in Utah.
"The way it works is that we provide participating schools and their students with training and use of our tools for free," Sanders said. "We hope these live streams will allow more friends and family in Utah or anywhere in the world celebrate their graduate's accomplishment."
After two years of pioneering the live streaming landscape, Deseret Digital Media has emerged as the leader for live streaming sports and other events in Utah, streaming more than 500 games and events. Live streaming video showcases kids doing great things in and outside the classroom.
“For high schools that want to give their kids real broadcast experience, with the real pressures of having an audience that is watching from outside your classroom, you couldn’t find a better venue than Deseret Connect,” said John Moss, director of broadcast at Wasatch High School.
If your school would like to begin streaming its own events, including graduation, Deseret Digital Media is offering instructional webinars. One begins tomorrow, Tuesday, May 7 at 3 p.m. Or drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Kyle is video product manager for Deseret Connect - email@example.com
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 99
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 27
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24