Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children playing with matches are believed to have started a fire that caused heavy damage to the front room and attic areas of a Rose Park house Friday.
Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. to 608 N. 800 West and found flames coming through the roof upon arrival, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two adults and two children, both under 10, were able to get out safely.
Investigators believe the fire started when the children were playing with matches on top of a couch and accidentally lit the couch on fire, Asay said.
About 25 firefighters responded to the incident.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9