Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children playing with matches are believed to have started a fire that caused heavy damage to the front room and attic areas of a Rose Park house Friday.
Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. to 608 N. 800 West and found flames coming through the roof upon arrival, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two adults and two children, both under 10, were able to get out safely.
Investigators believe the fire started when the children were playing with matches on top of a couch and accidentally lit the couch on fire, Asay said.
About 25 firefighters responded to the incident.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18