Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children playing with matches are believed to have started a fire that caused heavy damage to the front room and attic areas of a Rose Park house Friday.
Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. to 608 N. 800 West and found flames coming through the roof upon arrival, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two adults and two children, both under 10, were able to get out safely.
Investigators believe the fire started when the children were playing with matches on top of a couch and accidentally lit the couch on fire, Asay said.
About 25 firefighters responded to the incident.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18