Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children playing with matches are believed to have started a fire that caused heavy damage to the front room and attic areas of a Rose Park house Friday.
Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. to 608 N. 800 West and found flames coming through the roof upon arrival, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two adults and two children, both under 10, were able to get out safely.
Investigators believe the fire started when the children were playing with matches on top of a couch and accidentally lit the couch on fire, Asay said.
About 25 firefighters responded to the incident.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26