Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children playing with matches are believed to have started a fire that caused heavy damage to the front room and attic areas of a Rose Park house Friday.
Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. to 608 N. 800 West and found flames coming through the roof upon arrival, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two adults and two children, both under 10, were able to get out safely.
Investigators believe the fire started when the children were playing with matches on top of a couch and accidentally lit the couch on fire, Asay said.
About 25 firefighters responded to the incident.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9