MURRAY — A fire caused between $100,000 and $150,000 in damage at a house being remodeled Thursday night.
The fire near 250 East and 4800 South was reported about 10 p.m. The first arriving crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the attic, said Murray deputy fire marshal Russ Groves. The owner had recently done some remodeling on the roof.
"It appears this fire started in the attic area," Groves said.
Crews needed about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control. Groves said attic fires are difficult to fight and it's hard to access them.
"We either have to open roofs or go at it from the inside and open ceilings," he said.
No one was home when the fire started. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Friday.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27