MURRAY — A fire caused between $100,000 and $150,000 in damage at a house being remodeled Thursday night.
The fire near 250 East and 4800 South was reported about 10 p.m. The first arriving crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the attic, said Murray deputy fire marshal Russ Groves. The owner had recently done some remodeling on the roof.
"It appears this fire started in the attic area," Groves said.
Crews needed about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control. Groves said attic fires are difficult to fight and it's hard to access them.
"We either have to open roofs or go at it from the inside and open ceilings," he said.
No one was home when the fire started. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Friday.
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 10