MURRAY — A fire caused between $100,000 and $150,000 in damage at a house being remodeled Thursday night.
The fire near 250 East and 4800 South was reported about 10 p.m. The first arriving crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the attic, said Murray deputy fire marshal Russ Groves. The owner had recently done some remodeling on the roof.
"It appears this fire started in the attic area," Groves said.
Crews needed about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control. Groves said attic fires are difficult to fight and it's hard to access them.
"We either have to open roofs or go at it from the inside and open ceilings," he said.
No one was home when the fire started. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Friday.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15