MURRAY — A fire caused between $100,000 and $150,000 in damage at a house being remodeled Thursday night.
The fire near 250 East and 4800 South was reported about 10 p.m. The first arriving crews found heavy smoke and flames coming from the attic, said Murray deputy fire marshal Russ Groves. The owner had recently done some remodeling on the roof.
"It appears this fire started in the attic area," Groves said.
Crews needed about 35 minutes to bring the blaze under control. Groves said attic fires are difficult to fight and it's hard to access them.
"We either have to open roofs or go at it from the inside and open ceilings," he said.
No one was home when the fire started. The cause of the fire was still being investigated Friday.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15