SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah philanthropic family foundation will be honored at the 14th annual Celebration of Service, presented by United Way of Salt Lake.
The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation will receive United Way of Salt Lake's Compassionate Leader of the Year award, joining several other individuals and organizations who will be recognized for their service at the event on May 15.
“The Eccles family name is synonymous with compassion, contribution and service,” said Deborah Bayle, president and CEO of United Way of Salt Lake. “With the support of the Eccles Foundation for so many years, we have been able to make monumental strides toward changing the odds for Utah children and families.”
In addition to the Eccles Foundation, United Way of Salt Lake will honor Cecelia Foxley as Volunteer of the Year; Savage as the Corporate Partner of the Year; Granite School District as the Promise Partner of the Year; and Utah State Senate President Wayne Niederhauser, R-Sandy, and Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, as recipients of the President's Award for Excellence.
The event will run from noon-1:30 p.m. in the Little America Hotel's Grand Ballroom, 555 S. Main. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17