SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah philanthropic family foundation will be honored at the 14th annual Celebration of Service, presented by United Way of Salt Lake.
The George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation will receive United Way of Salt Lake's Compassionate Leader of the Year award, joining several other individuals and organizations who will be recognized for their service at the event on May 15.
“The Eccles family name is synonymous with compassion, contribution and service,” said Deborah Bayle, president and CEO of United Way of Salt Lake. “With the support of the Eccles Foundation for so many years, we have been able to make monumental strides toward changing the odds for Utah children and families.”
In addition to the Eccles Foundation, United Way of Salt Lake will honor Cecelia Foxley as Volunteer of the Year; Savage as the Corporate Partner of the Year; Granite School District as the Promise Partner of the Year; and Utah State Senate President Wayne Niederhauser, R-Sandy, and Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, as recipients of the President's Award for Excellence.
The event will run from noon-1:30 p.m. in the Little America Hotel's Grand Ballroom, 555 S. Main. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Ready for snow? Here's what's new in Utah
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Photos: Vivint employees remodel house for...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 27
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 27
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21