This week in sports photos: Bryce Harper, sad Steve Nash, Psy and High School shorts
Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs this week; it's only natural that Steve Nash would be a little bit disappointed. Nash's displeasure, however, comes at the expense of several other NBA fan bases that were only too happy to see the Lakers bomb out of the playoffs in the first round.
Also in Los Angeles, Korean pop music superstar Psy made a guest appearance at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game on Tuesday. Between innings, the "Gangnam Style" star cut a rug to entertain the Dodger faithful. It appears that Tommy LaSorda, the legendary Dodgers coach, was less than amused.
In the sport of soccer, tugging on jerseys in an effort to distract the opponent is a fact of life, but a Judge Memorial player took it to another level Thursday in the 3A Utah state soccer playoffs when he pulled on an Ogden Tiger's shorts and got caught on camera.
From the Middle East to San Francisco, here are this week's top sports photos.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45