This week in sports photos: Bryce Harper, sad Steve Nash, Psy and High School shorts
Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs this week; it's only natural that Steve Nash would be a little bit disappointed. Nash's displeasure, however, comes at the expense of several other NBA fan bases that were only too happy to see the Lakers bomb out of the playoffs in the first round.
Also in Los Angeles, Korean pop music superstar Psy made a guest appearance at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game on Tuesday. Between innings, the "Gangnam Style" star cut a rug to entertain the Dodger faithful. It appears that Tommy LaSorda, the legendary Dodgers coach, was less than amused.
In the sport of soccer, tugging on jerseys in an effort to distract the opponent is a fact of life, but a Judge Memorial player took it to another level Thursday in the 3A Utah state soccer playoffs when he pulled on an Ogden Tiger's shorts and got caught on camera.
From the Middle East to San Francisco, here are this week's top sports photos.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6