This week in sports photos: Bryce Harper, sad Steve Nash, Psy and High School shorts
Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs this week; it's only natural that Steve Nash would be a little bit disappointed. Nash's displeasure, however, comes at the expense of several other NBA fan bases that were only too happy to see the Lakers bomb out of the playoffs in the first round.
Also in Los Angeles, Korean pop music superstar Psy made a guest appearance at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game on Tuesday. Between innings, the "Gangnam Style" star cut a rug to entertain the Dodger faithful. It appears that Tommy LaSorda, the legendary Dodgers coach, was less than amused.
In the sport of soccer, tugging on jerseys in an effort to distract the opponent is a fact of life, but a Judge Memorial player took it to another level Thursday in the 3A Utah state soccer playoffs when he pulled on an Ogden Tiger's shorts and got caught on camera.
From the Middle East to San Francisco, here are this week's top sports photos.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 44