This week in sports photos: Bryce Harper, sad Steve Nash, Psy and High School shorts
Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs this week; it's only natural that Steve Nash would be a little bit disappointed. Nash's displeasure, however, comes at the expense of several other NBA fan bases that were only too happy to see the Lakers bomb out of the playoffs in the first round.
Also in Los Angeles, Korean pop music superstar Psy made a guest appearance at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game on Tuesday. Between innings, the "Gangnam Style" star cut a rug to entertain the Dodger faithful. It appears that Tommy LaSorda, the legendary Dodgers coach, was less than amused.
In the sport of soccer, tugging on jerseys in an effort to distract the opponent is a fact of life, but a Judge Memorial player took it to another level Thursday in the 3A Utah state soccer playoffs when he pulled on an Ogden Tiger's shorts and got caught on camera.
From the Middle East to San Francisco, here are this week's top sports photos.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33