Body of missing angler pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man who was reported missing Sunday ended late Thursday when his body was pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The body of Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was found about 10:05 p.m. in about 100 feet of water, according to the Daggett County Sheriff's Office. He was not wearing a life jacket when he was found about 100 feet from where searchers located his sunken boat Tuesday.
A side-scan sonar system that belongs to the state Department of Public Safety dive team was used to find Durante, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered just before 11 p.m. by a remote-controlled device deployed by members of the Summit County search and rescue team.
The sheriff's office first learned that Durante was missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, after another group of boaters spotted his partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area of Flaming Gorge. They believe he was in the boat alone when it capsized, possibly due to high winds Sunday that created hazardous water conditions on the reservoir.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12