Body of missing angler pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man who was reported missing Sunday ended late Thursday when his body was pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The body of Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was found about 10:05 p.m. in about 100 feet of water, according to the Daggett County Sheriff's Office. He was not wearing a life jacket when he was found about 100 feet from where searchers located his sunken boat Tuesday.
A side-scan sonar system that belongs to the state Department of Public Safety dive team was used to find Durante, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered just before 11 p.m. by a remote-controlled device deployed by members of the Summit County search and rescue team.
The sheriff's office first learned that Durante was missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, after another group of boaters spotted his partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area of Flaming Gorge. They believe he was in the boat alone when it capsized, possibly due to high winds Sunday that created hazardous water conditions on the reservoir.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14