Body of missing angler pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man who was reported missing Sunday ended late Thursday when his body was pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The body of Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was found about 10:05 p.m. in about 100 feet of water, according to the Daggett County Sheriff's Office. He was not wearing a life jacket when he was found about 100 feet from where searchers located his sunken boat Tuesday.
A side-scan sonar system that belongs to the state Department of Public Safety dive team was used to find Durante, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered just before 11 p.m. by a remote-controlled device deployed by members of the Summit County search and rescue team.
The sheriff's office first learned that Durante was missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, after another group of boaters spotted his partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area of Flaming Gorge. They believe he was in the boat alone when it capsized, possibly due to high winds Sunday that created hazardous water conditions on the reservoir.
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13