Body of missing angler pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man who was reported missing Sunday ended late Thursday when his body was pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The body of Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was found about 10:05 p.m. in about 100 feet of water, according to the Daggett County Sheriff's Office. He was not wearing a life jacket when he was found about 100 feet from where searchers located his sunken boat Tuesday.
A side-scan sonar system that belongs to the state Department of Public Safety dive team was used to find Durante, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered just before 11 p.m. by a remote-controlled device deployed by members of the Summit County search and rescue team.
The sheriff's office first learned that Durante was missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, after another group of boaters spotted his partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area of Flaming Gorge. They believe he was in the boat alone when it capsized, possibly due to high winds Sunday that created hazardous water conditions on the reservoir.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 35
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17