Body of missing angler pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man who was reported missing Sunday ended late Thursday when his body was pulled from Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The body of Danny Angelo Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was found about 10:05 p.m. in about 100 feet of water, according to the Daggett County Sheriff's Office. He was not wearing a life jacket when he was found about 100 feet from where searchers located his sunken boat Tuesday.
A side-scan sonar system that belongs to the state Department of Public Safety dive team was used to find Durante, the sheriff's office said. His body was recovered just before 11 p.m. by a remote-controlled device deployed by members of the Summit County search and rescue team.
The sheriff's office first learned that Durante was missing about 5:45 p.m. Sunday, after another group of boaters spotted his partially submerged boat in the Jug Hollow area of Flaming Gorge. They believe he was in the boat alone when it capsized, possibly due to high winds Sunday that created hazardous water conditions on the reservoir.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14