Justin Hackworth, www.justinhackworth.com
Provo Town Square will open the roof of its parking terrace Friday, May 3, for the fourth season of the free Rooftop Concert Series. The season will continue through October, with local artists performing their original music the first Friday of each month.
The lineup for this year's season was recently announced, and returning for a second time and headlining Friday’s first concert is the local, yet nationally recognized, band Desert Noises. Though it has played shows all over the country, the group is happy to come back home for Friday’s show.
“Everything, the whole environment of it all” is what makes the series special, said Desert Noises frontman Kyle Henderson. “Being able to play free at an outdoor event is awesome. There is such a good vibe.
“It’s just important for people to take themselves out of life every once in awhile."
Desert Noises aims to convey an image of positivity and honesty through its music. “Music is something you can share, and if you can make it a positive experience, it will be a lot more fun playing and listening to it," Henderson said.
Joining Desert Noises on Friday are teen-girl rockers The Blue Aces (one of whom is Henderson’s little sister), as well as solo performer Caleb Darger of the band The Mighty Sequoyah.
“I just hope that they all have a great time," Henderson said of those who come to Friday's show. "I hope it’s something that they want to happen every Friday night.”
Dates for the series are May 3, June 7, July 5, Aug. 2, Sept. 6 and Oct. 4. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and will be held on the corner of 100 North and 100 West in downtown Provo. Past concerts have attracted more than 3,000 concertgoers.
For more information, visit www.rooftopconcertseries.com.
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting pay...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 10
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1