Every senior asked to prom: the goal of one high school girl
"Honestly, I did my homework, and I made sure that these guys, if I ever gave them a name, would make sure the girl would have fun, and be with a friend if it was someone random asking them," Tucket said. "I tried to do my best to make it the best experience for them."
The help was obviously well received from the senior boys, but many senior girls also expressed their appreciation for what Tucket had done.
"I've had a lot of girls tell me or send me messages on Twitter or Facebook and say, 'You've seriously made my dream come true. Thank you so much,'" Tucket said. "It's just really cool to see how grateful they were for it and that they didn't take it that I was just doing charity."
Tucket didn't want the effort to be viewed negatively by any of the senior class. Fellow classmate, Kylie Walker said Tucket worked in a way so that both the girls and boys appreciated her efforts.
"A lot of the girls I talked to said, 'Honestly, I just want to go to prom,'" said Walker, who added that it was "totally the buzz of our school."
But for Tucket, it was much more than a goal or plan that she set out to accomplish.
"To me it wasn't a project — I didn't see it as a project I saw it more as an opportunity to benefit our school and our class," Tucket said. "Honestly, it was just because I love these girls so much. ... For me it was just all about the girls, and it was neat to be able to help them in any way I could.
"I know I didn't get every senior girl asked, but I know that I got a lot more than would have."
Overall, Tucket said she learned much through the experience and hopes that somehow it continues on for many proms to follow.
"I think I've learned that sometimes when you take on things like this it can kind of be a little overwhelming," Tucket said. "So I think for me, I just learned that anything is possible, really."
- The Clean Cut: Dude Perfect takes on 11 world...
- The Clean Cut: 10-year-old girl performs on...
- The best of summer books for the whole family
- Why discussions about sex should begin at...
- Dating is a lot of hard work — it...
- Movie review: 'Alice Through the Looking...
- People.com features 3 Utah sisters battling...
- Hruska's Kolaches: BYU alumni introduce...
- Hruska's Kolaches: BYU alumni introduce... 9
- How lab-grown burgers change the... 9
- It is harmless to let babies cry... 5
- Why discussions about sex should begin... 3
- Flying with your family is becoming... 3
- U. professor competes on 'American... 3
- Safety measures, response teams can't... 3
- Erin Stewart: Breaking the stigma of... 2