Every senior asked to prom: the goal of one high school girl
"Honestly, I did my homework, and I made sure that these guys, if I ever gave them a name, would make sure the girl would have fun, and be with a friend if it was someone random asking them," Tucket said. "I tried to do my best to make it the best experience for them."
The help was obviously well received from the senior boys, but many senior girls also expressed their appreciation for what Tucket had done.
"I've had a lot of girls tell me or send me messages on Twitter or Facebook and say, 'You've seriously made my dream come true. Thank you so much,'" Tucket said. "It's just really cool to see how grateful they were for it and that they didn't take it that I was just doing charity."
Tucket didn't want the effort to be viewed negatively by any of the senior class. Fellow classmate, Kylie Walker said Tucket worked in a way so that both the girls and boys appreciated her efforts.
"A lot of the girls I talked to said, 'Honestly, I just want to go to prom,'" said Walker, who added that it was "totally the buzz of our school."
But for Tucket, it was much more than a goal or plan that she set out to accomplish.
"To me it wasn't a project — I didn't see it as a project I saw it more as an opportunity to benefit our school and our class," Tucket said. "Honestly, it was just because I love these girls so much. ... For me it was just all about the girls, and it was neat to be able to help them in any way I could.
"I know I didn't get every senior girl asked, but I know that I got a lot more than would have."
Overall, Tucket said she learned much through the experience and hopes that somehow it continues on for many proms to follow.
"I think I've learned that sometimes when you take on things like this it can kind of be a little overwhelming," Tucket said. "So I think for me, I just learned that anything is possible, really."
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2