LAYTON — The city's Parks and Recreation Department is accepting nominations for 2013 Hometown Heroes.
This year's celebration will honor Vietnam War veterans. Hometown Heroes will be honored at the Ed Kenley Amphitheater on Sunday, June 30, at the Voices of Liberty concert and will ride on the Layton city float in the Liberty Days Parade on July 4.
Nominations can be submitted via email by downloading and filling out a form. Email nominations need to be sent to email@example.com. Forms may also be submitted by mail to Layton City Parks and Recreation, Attn: Hometown Hero, 465 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton, UT 84041.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at laytoncity.org.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Friday, June 21.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17