LAYTON — The city's Parks and Recreation Department is accepting nominations for 2013 Hometown Heroes.
This year's celebration will honor Vietnam War veterans. Hometown Heroes will be honored at the Ed Kenley Amphitheater on Sunday, June 30, at the Voices of Liberty concert and will ride on the Layton city float in the Liberty Days Parade on July 4.
Nominations can be submitted via email by downloading and filling out a form. Email nominations need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may also be submitted by mail to Layton City Parks and Recreation, Attn: Hometown Hero, 465 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton, UT 84041.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at laytoncity.org.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Friday, June 21.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13