LAYTON — The city's Parks and Recreation Department is accepting nominations for 2013 Hometown Heroes.
This year's celebration will honor Vietnam War veterans. Hometown Heroes will be honored at the Ed Kenley Amphitheater on Sunday, June 30, at the Voices of Liberty concert and will ride on the Layton city float in the Liberty Days Parade on July 4.
Nominations can be submitted via email by downloading and filling out a form. Email nominations need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may also be submitted by mail to Layton City Parks and Recreation, Attn: Hometown Hero, 465 N. Wasatch Drive, Layton, UT 84041.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at laytoncity.org.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. Friday, June 21.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10