Bingham wins big on the road, cruising to 13-3 victory over Pleasant Grove
The Bingham Miners tallied their fourth road win Wednesday, defeating the Pleasant Grove Vikings 13-3. The Miners are happy to be going back home to finish their third game of this series with the Vikings, hoping to sweep Pleasant Grove.
Pleasant Grove junior Brandon Coombs started out nicely with the first two pitches of the game resulting in two outs. Jacob Druce, the third Bingham batter, took Coombs all the way to a full count before blasting the next pitch high and catching the wind, putting it over the left field fence. That was the only scoring until the top of the third inning when senior Brennon Lund doubled and the Miner offense started rolling, putting seven runs across the plate before the Vikings could find the third out.
Pleasant Grove scored one run in the bottom of the third, but by the end of three, Bingham was leading 8-1 and had all the momentum. The Miners added another run in the top of the fourth, one in the sixth and three in the seventh for a final total of 13 runs. The Vikings put two additional runs across the plate in the bottom of the seventh inning, including a solo shot over the left field fence by junior Brayden Cox.
Pleasant Grove head coach Darrin Henry told his players, "We have to keep our chin up and don't hang our head. We still control our own destiny, we can't let this get us down."
Bingham head coach Joey Sato said, "We are lucky to escape this game and hold this team down, especially on their home field and come away with this win." Bingham had 13 runs on 14 hits and one error. Pleasant Grove was held to three runs on six hits and three errors.
Sato added, "Brennon (Lund) did a really good job for us today. He pitched very well for us in a tournament we played back in North Carolina, and he pitched well last week in our second game with American Fork."
Lund was happy about the win. "It fees good to play well as a team and come out with the win. My curve worked for me, and my teammates backed me up."
Bingham now stands at 7-4 in region and 13-7 overall. Pleasant Grove has a 4-7 region record and 12-8 overall.
Bingham and Pleasant Grove will finish their third game of the series on Friday, May 3, at Bingham, beginning at 4 p.m.
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- KSL Game of the Week live stream: Lone Peak...
- High school football: Parry's Power Guide for...
- Felt's Facts: Week 2 schedule filled with...
- High school football: Lone Peak travels to...
- High school football: Lone Peak makes strong...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- High school football live stream: Corner...
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- High school football: Parry's Power... 23
- High school football: Lone Peak travels... 5
- Felt's Facts: Week 2 schedule filled... 4
- High School football: Sky View gets off... 3
- High school football live stream: Pine... 1
- High School girls soccer: Can defending... 1
- Timpview wins Region 8 boys golf's... 1