Family of murdered couple purchases billboard, seeks answers
Family photo, Handout
SALT LAKE CITY — A family still searching for answers five months after the murders of their uncle and his girlfriend have paid for a billboard asking for the public's help.
On the morning of Dec. 14, the bodies of Ralph Salazar, 59, and Alice Griego, 55, were found inside the master bedroom of Salazar's house, 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South). An autopsy determined both were shot to death. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Since then, the leads have gone cold and there have been no arrests in the case or possible motive given by police. Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said it was still an active investigation, but admitted there was no new information to give to the public.
In an effort to get more leads and remind the public that the case still needs to be solved, Salazar's niece, Lisa DeHerrera, recently purchased space on a billboard along I-15 near 1500 South.
"It's difficult for us to find closure without finding any answers," DeHerrera said. "We're not going to give up looking. We're not going to let it go."
The last time anyone saw Salazar was about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 13 when he dropped off a friend at home after going to a local bar. Family members do not believe the attack was random.
Anyone who has information about the incident can call Unified police detective Tyler Richman at 801-743-5915. Callers may remain anonymous.
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- Hikers brave cold and wind instead of Black...
- Citywide remodels home for family of teen...
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 10
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 8