Family of murdered couple purchases billboard, seeks answers
Family photo, Handout
SALT LAKE CITY — A family still searching for answers five months after the murders of their uncle and his girlfriend have paid for a billboard asking for the public's help.
On the morning of Dec. 14, the bodies of Ralph Salazar, 59, and Alice Griego, 55, were found inside the master bedroom of Salazar's house, 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South). An autopsy determined both were shot to death. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Since then, the leads have gone cold and there have been no arrests in the case or possible motive given by police. Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said it was still an active investigation, but admitted there was no new information to give to the public.
In an effort to get more leads and remind the public that the case still needs to be solved, Salazar's niece, Lisa DeHerrera, recently purchased space on a billboard along I-15 near 1500 South.
"It's difficult for us to find closure without finding any answers," DeHerrera said. "We're not going to give up looking. We're not going to let it go."
The last time anyone saw Salazar was about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 13 when he dropped off a friend at home after going to a local bar. Family members do not believe the attack was random.
Anyone who has information about the incident can call Unified police detective Tyler Richman at 801-743-5915. Callers may remain anonymous.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22