Family of murdered couple purchases billboard, seeks answers
Family photo, Handout
SALT LAKE CITY — A family still searching for answers five months after the murders of their uncle and his girlfriend have paid for a billboard asking for the public's help.
On the morning of Dec. 14, the bodies of Ralph Salazar, 59, and Alice Griego, 55, were found inside the master bedroom of Salazar's house, 2811 E. Ksel Drive (9420 South). An autopsy determined both were shot to death. Their bodies were found on a bed that was intentionally set on fire, according to investigators.
Since then, the leads have gone cold and there have been no arrests in the case or possible motive given by police. Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said it was still an active investigation, but admitted there was no new information to give to the public.
In an effort to get more leads and remind the public that the case still needs to be solved, Salazar's niece, Lisa DeHerrera, recently purchased space on a billboard along I-15 near 1500 South.
"It's difficult for us to find closure without finding any answers," DeHerrera said. "We're not going to give up looking. We're not going to let it go."
The last time anyone saw Salazar was about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 13 when he dropped off a friend at home after going to a local bar. Family members do not believe the attack was random.
Anyone who has information about the incident can call Unified police detective Tyler Richman at 801-743-5915. Callers may remain anonymous.
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- Utahns react to death of former Salt Lake...
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah, question...
- Salt Lake City named among top 10 downtown...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Police piecing together background of...
- Bill eliminating statute of limitations in...
- John Wall says ex-wife hit him hours before...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 40
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah,... 28
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 21
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 19
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 12