DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man missing since Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir has become more focused, now that his boat has been found.
Danny Angelo Durante's boat was found late Tuesday afternoon in about 100 feet of water, according to a statement Wednesday from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
"Recovery (of the boat) is not planned at this time as the search continues to focus on the missing occupant," the statement said.
Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon. A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. that day.
The boat sank, but searchers found items from the vessel floating on the water, which gave them a general area to begin looking for Durante, sheriff's spokeswoman Susie Potter said Wednesday.
"With the location of the boat the searchers will be able to focus the search area, according to the current patterns," Potter said, noting that high winds have hampered the search effort all week.
Daggett County is being aided in the search by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and personnel from Utah State Parks and the state Division of Wildlife Resources. Search and rescue teams from Summit and Uintah counties and Sweetwater County, Wyo., are also lending assistance.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 78
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 32
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21