DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man missing since Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir has become more focused, now that his boat has been found.
Danny Angelo Durante's boat was found late Tuesday afternoon in about 100 feet of water, according to a statement Wednesday from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
"Recovery (of the boat) is not planned at this time as the search continues to focus on the missing occupant," the statement said.
Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon. A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. that day.
The boat sank, but searchers found items from the vessel floating on the water, which gave them a general area to begin looking for Durante, sheriff's spokeswoman Susie Potter said Wednesday.
"With the location of the boat the searchers will be able to focus the search area, according to the current patterns," Potter said, noting that high winds have hampered the search effort all week.
Daggett County is being aided in the search by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and personnel from Utah State Parks and the state Division of Wildlife Resources. Search and rescue teams from Summit and Uintah counties and Sweetwater County, Wyo., are also lending assistance.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19