DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — The search for a Wyoming man missing since Sunday at Flaming Gorge Reservoir has become more focused, now that his boat has been found.
Danny Angelo Durante's boat was found late Tuesday afternoon in about 100 feet of water, according to a statement Wednesday from the Daggett County Sheriff's Office.
"Recovery (of the boat) is not planned at this time as the search continues to focus on the missing occupant," the statement said.
Durante, 46, of Jackson, Wyo., was apparently alone when his boat capsized due to extremely poor weather conditions on Sunday afternoon. A group of boaters spotted the partially submerged craft in the Jug Hollow area and reported it to the sheriff's office about 5:45 p.m. that day.
The boat sank, but searchers found items from the vessel floating on the water, which gave them a general area to begin looking for Durante, sheriff's spokeswoman Susie Potter said Wednesday.
"With the location of the boat the searchers will be able to focus the search area, according to the current patterns," Potter said, noting that high winds have hampered the search effort all week.
Daggett County is being aided in the search by the state Department of Public Safety dive team, and personnel from Utah State Parks and the state Division of Wildlife Resources. Search and rescue teams from Summit and Uintah counties and Sweetwater County, Wyo., are also lending assistance.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Icy roads blamed for Cedar City car crash...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 7
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 6