Derek Petersen, Deseret News
TOOELE — Fire ripped through a building on the property of the Tooele Gun Club Wednesday.
About 6:45 a.m., a Tooele County sheriff's deputy noticed smoke and flames coming from the 4,000-square-foot building at 2994 Smelter Road. Fire crews from both Tooele and the Northern Tooele County Fire District responded.
No one was injured in the incident. Furniture and other common office items were destroyed in the inferno, said fire district spokesman Ryan Willden. He did not believe any weapons or ammunition were affected.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15