Derek Petersen, Deseret News
TOOELE — Fire ripped through a building on the property of the Tooele Gun Club Wednesday.
About 6:45 a.m., a Tooele County sheriff's deputy noticed smoke and flames coming from the 4,000-square-foot building at 2994 Smelter Road. Fire crews from both Tooele and the Northern Tooele County Fire District responded.
No one was injured in the incident. Furniture and other common office items were destroyed in the inferno, said fire district spokesman Ryan Willden. He did not believe any weapons or ammunition were affected.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 94
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19