Derek Petersen, Deseret News
TOOELE — Fire ripped through a building on the property of the Tooele Gun Club Wednesday.
About 6:45 a.m., a Tooele County sheriff's deputy noticed smoke and flames coming from the 4,000-square-foot building at 2994 Smelter Road. Fire crews from both Tooele and the Northern Tooele County Fire District responded.
No one was injured in the incident. Furniture and other common office items were destroyed in the inferno, said fire district spokesman Ryan Willden. He did not believe any weapons or ammunition were affected.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 13
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9