Derek Petersen, Deseret News
TOOELE — Fire ripped through a building on the property of the Tooele Gun Club Wednesday.
About 6:45 a.m., a Tooele County sheriff's deputy noticed smoke and flames coming from the 4,000-square-foot building at 2994 Smelter Road. Fire crews from both Tooele and the Northern Tooele County Fire District responded.
No one was injured in the incident. Furniture and other common office items were destroyed in the inferno, said fire district spokesman Ryan Willden. He did not believe any weapons or ammunition were affected.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 22
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15