Derek Petersen, Deseret News
TOOELE — Fire ripped through a building on the property of the Tooele Gun Club Wednesday.
About 6:45 a.m., a Tooele County sheriff's deputy noticed smoke and flames coming from the 4,000-square-foot building at 2994 Smelter Road. Fire crews from both Tooele and the Northern Tooele County Fire District responded.
No one was injured in the incident. Furniture and other common office items were destroyed in the inferno, said fire district spokesman Ryan Willden. He did not believe any weapons or ammunition were affected.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Wednesday.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23