Westminster golf: Dane Jensen named Frontier Player of the Year
WHITEFISH, Mont. – The Westminster College men’s and women’s golf teams had five players between the two teams named All-Frontier Conference, Commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Westminster had three players named on the men’s side and two on the women’s side.
Senior Dane Jensen was named the Frontier Conference Player of the Year. This is the second straight year that Jensen has won this award, and he is the only player in school history to take the award. Jensen earned the award by virtue of winning the conference title by shooting 643 over the nine rounds during the three regular season events. That was eight strokes ahead of the second-place score. Jensen was also selected to the Frontier’s First Team All-Conference.
Matt Bushman was also named to the first team after finishing fifth during the nine rounds with his 667 strokes. This is the first time Bushman has been named to an all-conference team, and this is the first season in school history that two Griffins were selected in the same year. Bushman finished the three events with two top-5 finishes and a low round of 68.
Robert McKee earned second team honors after placing eighth in the final standings with 678 strokes. He had two top-5 finishes during the season and twice shot a round of 70. This is the first all-conference honor for McKee.
Jenteal Jackson was named to the women’s first team for the third consecutive season. Jackson entered the season as the two-time Frontier Conference Player of the Year and came seven strokes shy of winning for a third consecutive season. She finished the nine rounds of the regular season with 706 strokes and had two finishes in the top 5.
Brandi Bork was also named to the first team after finishing fifth with 714 strokes. This is the second straight season that Bork was named to the first team. She had a low round of 76 at the Westminster Invitational and finished with two top-5 performances.
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26